Small World 2
By Asmodee Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"One of the most compelling games for the iPad." MacWorld Magazine, December 2013
== THE MASSIVE SEQUEL TO THE STRATEGY BOARD GAME OF THE YEAR ===
*** Games Magazine - Game of the Year !!! ***
*** Pocket Gamer Awards - Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the year! ***
*** The first big Euro board game of the iPad era. Fans are in for a really wonderful ride *** TUAW.com
Based on the phenomenally successful Small World fantasy board game with over 500,000 copies sold! Take control of insanely fun fantasy race & special power combos, such as Berserk Halflings, Triton Merchants, Alchemist Ratmen and Dragon-master Amazons, to grab all the land you can in a world that is just too small to share with your opponents!
A host of new features await you in this colossal update:
• New 3, 4 and 5 player maps to conquer, in glorious full retina mode!
• Play Online games in real-time or turn-by-turn, with friends & strangers from the world over; and Local games over Bluetooth or Wifi
• Play Solo against up to 4 built-in AI; Pass’n Play with up to 5 live opponents on a single iPad
• 20 new races & special powers to master through in-app purchases of Cursed!, Grand Dames and brand new to digital Be Not Afraid…
• Online, Solo & Face to Face scores with daily, weekly and forever rankings
• Comprehensive Small World Encyclopedia detailing all rules, races, special powers, icons & more!
• Extensive Game Center, Facebook and Days of Wonder Online Buddies integration
• Brand new musical score, sound effects, graphics and animations
• Video Tutorial by Master Glandulf himself
Discover what reviewers have been raving about:
*** The art is top notch, the gameplay is really fun. Perfect for a quick head to head! *** Games Uncovered
MAJOR KUDOS TO THE 7,042 KICKSTARTER BACKERS WHO HELPED US MAKE SMALL WORLD 2 COME TO LIFE!
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/asmodeedigital
What's New in Version 2.5.1
- Improved stability in bad network conditions, like under poor Wifi coverage.
- Fixed crash when closing the app directly from the multi-tasking screen under iOS 7.
I have not played the board game but heard good things, so I purchased this app. The first thing you notice is the tutorial is a video. I play at work where I can tap the screen and read but cannot watch a video. Next, it is almost as though they expect you to purchase the physical game if you want to know what is going on. The rules section is vague and missing pei do. From what I understand I was supposed to have a total troops equal to the two numbers on my face and power cards, as my opponent did, but always seemed to have less. Part of a strategy game is planning ahead, but with vague rules that seemed to change randomly, I was never able to win past the first game. Pass on this game and go for a game you are more familiar with, I know I wish I had.
Online Play Atrocious
The game itself is fine (ignoring the annoying sound effects), but once you try playing online, it starts to fall apart. The buddy system doesn't let you know if you've been added by someone. Invites to games sometimes just never surface, leaving friends waiting 15 days (unless they withdraw from the game), and turn notifications can't be relied upon, so you have to make a habit of checking your ongoing games.
Days of Wonder, you have a lot of nerds that love your games. Maybe let them update your app pro bono, or in exchange for DLC or physical promos?
Until the online system is fixed, I wouldn't recommend paying any more than $3 for this game.
Bottom line a very fun game with infinite replay ability.
This is by far my favorite ipad game, it is fun to play by yourself or with a group and unlike the board game there isn't anything to cleanup afterwards. Also I had purchased the original Smallworld app which DOW upgraded for free when SW2 came out, thank you very much.
I have also not had any problems with bugs or crashing on an iPad that crashes every time I open the app store so I am confused by how many people are complaining about bugs.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 11, 2014
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 234 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Asmodee Digital
- © Days of Wonder 2013-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cursed !$0.99
- Grand Dames$0.99
- Be not Afraid!$0.99