Small World 2
By Days Of Wonder, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"One of the most compelling games for the iPad." MacWorld Magazine, December 2013
== THE MASSIVE SEQUEL TO THE STRATEGY BOARD GAME OF THE YEAR ===
*** Games Magazine - Game of the Year !!! ***
*** Pocket Gamer Awards - Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the year! ***
*** The first big Euro board game of the iPad era. Fans are in for a really wonderful ride *** TUAW.com
Based on the phenomenally successful Small World fantasy board game with over 500,000 copies sold! Take control of insanely fun fantasy race & special power combos, such as Berserk Halflings, Triton Merchants, Alchemist Ratmen and Dragon-master Amazons, to grab all the land you can in a world that is just too small to share with your opponents!
A host of new features await you in this colossal update:
• New 3, 4 and 5 player maps to conquer, in glorious full retina mode!
• Play Online games in real-time or turn-by-turn, with friends & strangers from the world over; and Local games over Bluetooth or Wifi
• Play Solo against up to 4 built-in AI; Pass’n Play with up to 5 live opponents on a single iPad
• 20 new races & special powers to master through in-app purchases of Cursed!, Grand Dames and brand new to digital Be Not Afraid…
• Online, Solo & Face to Face scores with daily, weekly and forever rankings
• Comprehensive Small World Encyclopedia detailing all rules, races, special powers, icons & more!
• Extensive Game Center, Facebook and Days of Wonder Online Buddies integration
• Brand new musical score, sound effects, graphics and animations
• Video Tutorial by Master Glandulf himself
Discover what reviewers have been raving about:
*** The art is top notch, the gameplay is really fun. Perfect for a quick head to head! *** Games Uncovered
MAJOR KUDOS TO THE 7,042 KICKSTARTER BACKERS WHO HELPED US MAKE SMALL WORLD 2 COME TO LIFE!
What's New in Version 2.5
• New "Online Arena" with lobby to set-up online games.
• New "Single Session" game mode for real-time play, with AI Bots hot-swapping when players quit a game or run out of time.
• New invitation system with preliminary acceptation round before game start, in asynchronous mode.
• New "Players’ Clock" letting you set the amount of time available to each player, for competitive, Speed Chess-style play
• Detailed stats at end game: analyze how your and your opponents’ combos performed!
• Many UI improvements, including a "fast forward" button to run faster through in-game animations.
• A host of bug fixes and AI improvements.
The devs finally listened and added options for more time between plays in async online. Now I can actually play without feeling like I'm tethered to my iPad. Another choice feature is the addition of in-game chat.
They will get the final star from me when they fix the notification bug that says it's still my turn when I just took mine. Not a major problem - I just have to tap it again to open the app and it goes away, but the 2 step process seems redundant.
This game is superb, but for some reason the devs decided that 48 hours should be the maximum amount of time that you can take between turns online. It's utter madness. But it IS Days of Wonder: the team that gave you Ticket to Ride with no async online iPad multiplayer, then created a new, different app for iPhone WITH async multiplayer, then created a new separate app for the Europe expansion for iPhone... etc.
Looks like they're still drinking the funny kool-aid.
This is my favorite board game adaptation on iPad. It takes an already fun game and automates all the tedium of the physical version, making it even better.
The multiplayer support in this version is greatly improved from previous versions, and most of the existing bugs have been fixed.
Board Game Without Cleanup
The app has finally caught up to the board game.
The solo experience is great with the ability to speed up turns. The AI may be a little lacking, but the multiplayer option here gets the job done.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 11, 2014
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 201 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Days of Wonder
- © Days of Wonder 2013-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cursed !$2.99
- Grand Dames$2.99
- Be not Afraid!$4.99