Smart Blood Pressure (or SmartBP) is a smarter way to manage your blood pressure measurements and track your progress. SmartBP is a blood pressure management app that allows you to record, track, analyze and share your Blood Pressure information using your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad devices (check compatibility requirements). In addition, SmartBP connects with Apple HealthKit and Microsoft HealthVault. With your health information at your fingertips, you can now take a more active role in your own health. Whether prehypertensive or hypertensive, SmartBP can help you track your progress and manage all your blood pressure measurements with an overall goal of improving your blood pressure.
For information on how to use the app, visit our website
* Video: www.evolvemedsys.com
* FAQ: www.evovlemedsys.com/faq
- Record systolic, diastolic blood pressure, pulse rate and weight. Body mass index (BMI), pulse pressure (PP) and mean arterial pressure (MAP) is automatically calculated. Now you can enable/disable weight monitoring.
- Quickly add notes (e.g. before dinner) and measurement information (e.g. sitting, left arm) using tags.
- Store and access all your blood pressure measurements anywhere and anytime using Apple HealthKit and Microsoft HealthVault. HealthVault offers you a way to store health information from many sources in one location, so that it's always organized and available to you online. Avoid manual data entry and reduce errors by automatically uploading blood pressure measurements to HealthVault/HealthKit by auto-syncing with SmartBP. The following Blood Pressure Monitors can connect to HealthVault/HealthKit:
* A&D: UA-767PC
* Omron: HEM-790IT, 7300IT, HEM-670ITN, BP791IT, BP786, M10IT
* Withings Blood Pressure Monitor
* Homedics: BPA-260-CBL
* iHealth: BP5, BP7
- Share your blood pressure information with your doctor, healthcare provider or family using email, text message (SMS), Apple HealthKit and Microsoft HealthVault. Create blood pressure reports in PDF format with blood pressure data, charts and stats and share with your doctor or healthcare provider.
- Analyze the progress you are making using intuitive graphs and statistics (including mean and variability for a period). Filter the data analyzed based on tags which can prove useful in analyzing how well you are doing and if any lifestyle modifications or medications have proven effective.
- Backup all your blood pressure data by exporting your file to iTunes, Dropbox and Drive. If your blood pressure data is saved in a CSV file, you can import all your data to the application.
- Protect your data with TouchID protection
- Set reminders for managing your blood pressure
- Intuitive color coded data to identify normal, prehypertensive, stage I and II hypertension. These limits can be modified.
- US and international height and weight units supported.
1) Smart Blood Pressure may only be used as a tool to record, share and keep track of blood pressure measurements. Smart Blood Pressure cannot measure blood pressure.
2) Smart Blood Pressure is NOT a substitute for a doctor or professional healthcare or advice. Any health related information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace the advice of healthcare professionals.
3) Smart Blood Pressure is meant to track your blood pressure records where each record is the systolic, diastolic, pulse, weight, date/time and notes/tags. Although weight can be modified for each record, it is not meant to track weight independently.
- User can delete created tags
- Resolved issue with duplicate tags
Ratings and Reviews
Great tagging feature!!
It's amazing to me how few BP apps include the ability to track factors that might be contributing to BP problems! The flexibility of the tagging features in this app allows you to tag & track - then graph- whatever you want: stress levels, salty diet, major public events (I noticed my BP spike for days after Las Vegas shooting), specific medications or supplements, caffeine intake, etc. It has helped me learn that for me, salt seems almost irrelevant and stress is about 80% of the problem. I'm now tracking Toprol closely as I think I might be having an uncommon but not unheard of paradoxical reaction, with more Toprol raising my BP.
DEVELOPER SUGGESTIONS: ... TAGGING: It would be really helpful if tags could be ordered; if not, it would be helpful if list were at least alphabetized. Also would like to be able to ditch some of the tags provided by app......DEFAULTS: Being able to set defaults for measurement site and measurement location would speed input nicely!......BONUS: The ability to have multiple profiles would be nice. Some of us have non-smartphone-using elderly parents to track!
Thanks for a great app!!
Developer Response ,
Update: With the latest update we have prioritized custom tags over the default tags so it’s easier to find. You can also delete custom tags that were created. Let us know your feedback firstname.lastname@example.org
BEST Blood Pressure Tracking App Available!
The SmartBP app is a clear winner! It had to be developed by medical professionals because of its intuitive, straightforward design to log vitals. This app seamlessly syncs with Apple HeathKit and many brands of blood pressure monitors. The graphical tracking screens are prefect for trending, BUT the “Stats” screens really give you important information on your blood pressure recordings in a meaningful way. SmartBP has excellent sharing ability, and can export a colorful, detailed PDF report that you can bring to your doctor! The app also allows every entry to be custom tagged, which is extremely useful for tracking medication adjustments and results. Overall a 5-Star app with a ton of great features and definitely worth the price!
Excellent BP tracker. Interface is easy to use and intuitive, plus offers tracking of variables such as timing of BP reading, body site, and body position which are important in considering inconsistencies in the readings. One of the best features for someone like me (erratic BP due to meds that can cause dangerous BP spikes) is the easy to intetpret color coding of the measurements to show where you are as to HBP severity. App provides links to health education which most Apps dont bother with. Sharing/ export options are great both for data back-up and providing BP logs to doctors. The features on the free version are very generous and ads are inconspicuous - I bought the premium version mainly to support development of a superior health tool.
- Evolve Medical Systems, LLC
- 79.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- ©Evolve Medical Systems LLC, All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- premium ad-free version with cloud services enabled $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.