Smart Countdown Timer allows you to use natural language to set, modify and start a countdown on your Mac.
- Our simple and easy to use UI just requires you to enter your countdown time using plain English, such as '1 hour and 35 mins' or 'add 25 mins'
- Resizable user interface with fullscreen support
- Customize the countdown window background
- Change the countdown window opacity
- Ability to lock app window so that it remains in front of all other apps
- A huge choice of audio alerts when the countdown reaches zero
- Popup notification when the countdown completes
- Option to show the countdown in your Dock and Menu Bar
- Light and Dark UI theme
- Use spacebar to pause/start the countdown and cmd+R to restart it
- Use the up and down arrow keys to cycle through previously entered countdowns
- Launch at login
We’ve worked hard to make Smart Countdown Timer as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback, love and support!
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Fits my needs perfectly!
I do a lot of appointments and meetings, but between them, I need to make use of highly focused intervals of work where it's easy to lose track of time. As someone with ADHD, focus isn't easy - so I don't like having to constantly keep an eye on the time and have that distract me from flow, once I finally achieve it.
This fits the bill perfectly. Sits nicely in the menu bar or on top of my other windows. Typing in times in natural language (e.g., "1:45PM") and having it do the math is the cherry on top. This app shouldn't be free. :)
As an adult with ADHD and OCD, I typically turn a simple task like typing a 15 minute memo into an hour long job. Diistractions are also always a problem and a countdown timer helps me maintain my focus on getting one specific task done, while it also helps curb my tendency to rewrite everything over and over!! I’m finding this app really helpful. I tried other timers but I like this one best. It’s a good app. I’ll keep using it. Thanks!
Simple and Works
This is an excellent utility. I needed to give a webinar using a PowerPoint and be able to time the debate segments for different speakers and show on the screen how much time they had left. I tried several utilities and none had the feature of stay on top of whatever other apps were running. It is really easy to use and worked perfectly
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.