Do you still use the traditional controller to control your helicopter models? Have you ever imaged you can use your mobile equipment (such as iPod touch\iPhone) to control it one day?
Now, let's make it come true! This app can control the helicopter models after you connect the transmitter to the audio jack of iPod touch or iPhone.
- On the left screen: This is throttle of helicopter, it can fly the helicopter in the air by move forward and land the helicopter by move backward.
- On the right screen: This is the direction stick of the helicopter, it can control the directions of the helicopter, you just need to move it to up, down, left or right.
- On the center of the bottom screen: This is the trimmer of helicopter, you can use it to adjust the helicopter to left or right when the helicopter is keep rotating in the air.
- On the upper left corner of the screen: you can rotate the screen of the controller.
- On the upper right corner of the screen: You can turn on/off the gravity sencer to control your helicopter.
- On the center of the screen: Press "On" to start the controller; press "off" to turn off the controller.
1. Main UI improvements.
2. Instruction page updated for better user experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun...just takes practice
I got mine as a gift. I've had others that were similar that I got from the mall so I had some practice controlling them. This one took a little extra practice since you control it using a flat screen instead of the joystick. I got it down on the first charge and was even able to chase the dogs around a little! Lol
The only change I'd make is for the throttle to automatically go down on its own when you release it.
Also, on others that I've had that were this size they always say that they are for indoor use only. Maybe that's why some people have had problems? Also, I learned with earlier copters that when it crashes, throttle all the way down unless you want it to break! They can take a little fall but if the blades are spinning when it hits more parts break!
Hmmm ... Does not appear that the developer reads his reviews?!? I would give the chopper a higher rating, but the controller issue need DE-BUGing!
Lots said already about light switch on the App ... Also WATCH OUT - pressing it when app and copter switches are both on often causes the chopper to take of at full throttle and out of control!!! Lastly - flying outdoors ... Little lesson: This is not an RC controlled unit. Radio Controls work outdoors... Infrared ones rarely do (they need walls and ceilings for signal bounce. The sun is a more powerful infrared signal than any remote toy - it take over at will!!!
Helicopter itself is one of the sturdiest (and quiet) that I have! However metal frames do tack on weight, So flight time is sacrificed... How 'bout bigger battery capacity??? Let's fix those BUGS and earn top star ratings!!!
So bad, it made me write my first rview
I have never written a review on an app, but this one is so ridiculously horrible i just couldn't resist. As other reviewers have written, this app simply DOES NOT WORK, and anyone who says otherwise either works for the company or was payed by them. It doesn't matter where you point the antenna, how much you practice, or how much you adjust the tim, the only thing the controller is good for is blasting the copter into the air uncontrollably. On top of this, the transmitter only has a 20ft range... Are you joking?! I can spit farther than that! And i don't know about you, but i wouldn't want a child standing within 50ft of this uncontrollable death machine! DO NOT BUY!! 100% guarantee you will be disappointed... Unless of course you are a junk aficionado.
P.S. i would rate this app a 0 if that were an option
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.