SMART Notebook for iPad
By SMART Technologies
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
** Now featuring SMART Notebook Maestro which connects SMART Notebook for iPad to SMART Notebook software. Visit http://go.smarttech.com/notebook-maestro-download to download the Notebook Maestro Add-On to enable this feature in SMART Notebook desktop. **
SMART Notebook for iPad is a light version of the SMART Notebook collaborative learning software. Using this app, you can both use and edit SMART Notebook lesson activities for individual and collaborative learning with an iPad.
• Pens and Erasers. Draw and write using colored digital pens and highlighters, and choose from multiple ink colors including Crayon and Calligraphic Ink, pen thicknesses and eraser sizes.
• Text. Insert or edit typed text and change the font type, color, size and justification on the page using Text Properties.
• Objects. Organize information and change the page layout. Tap to move, rotate or scale an object.
• Double-tap or tap and hold an object to cut, copy, paste, lock and unlock objects or to change their order. Double-tap or tap and hold an object to activate the Infinite Cloner and to change the sound properties.
• Shape and Line tool. Add shapes and lines to your file and choose the fill color, line color and thickness.
• Photos. Make files visual by inserting photos from the iPad Camera and Camera Roll.
• Sound. Enhance the auditory experience by adding sound recordings to objects. Double-tap or tap and hold an object to view the context menu and record a new sound.
• Share files. Share SMART Notebook files by e-mailing or upload to your iCloud Drive, Dropbox, or Google Drive account.
• Integrated with iCloud Drive, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Keep your SMART Notebook files up-to-date across multiple devices with iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive integration. One tap on the iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive icon in the SMART Notebook app for iPad file manager and you can quickly login to your iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive account to download or upload SMART Notebook files.
• SMART Notebook Maestro: Connect your iPad to SMART Notebook Desktop
• Multi select using marquee select
• Group/ Ungroup annotations
• Auto group ink
• Integrated assessment. Easily complete assessments using SMART Response VE.
• Display content. Show content from an iPad on an interactive whiteboard for the whole class to see using AirPlay and an Apple TV or using an HDMI or VGA cable with the proper connectors.
• Save As. Save the file with a new name to create multiple copies with unique file names.
• Revert to Original. With one tap, you can quickly reset a file to the original version for another group of students to complete.
What's New in Version 3.2
• Adds support for keyboard shortcuts when editing text
• Fixes the problem with ink appearing under your palm while using Apple Pencil
• Makes the default ink size thinner
• Fixes a crash when playing sounds on 64-bit iPads
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Good But Could Be Better
I got this app because my school recently got iPad Pros and Smart TVs for each classroom. In a previous school I had a Smart Board and I was hoping to transfer past lessons to this app. However, I was unable to do so because both Google Drive and Dropbox no longer work with this app. Luckily, I discovered I could recreate many of my lessons by downloading other lessons from the Smart Exchange.
I do wish that this app had more features that the Smart Board software has. I would like to lock a text box but still allow it to move. I would like to make backgrounds on pictures transparent. It would also be nice to enable links.
Any chance for these features in an update?
Rarely updated; Google Drive no longer works
This rating is primarily due to how infrequently the app is updated with any significant improvements. Google no longer allows the deprecated login method this app relies on, so my students cannot access any files. Even when they could, basic things such as sorting files by name, searching for the right one, or printing one weren't possible.
This app would be amazing if they cared enough to continue working on it. Features present in the current desktop version, such as math equations, don't even load in the app. There just isn't any way to consistently display notebook files without keeping them completely barebones.
I see this in school on the smart boards and i wanted it! I got it on my iPad but i want it on my laptop,... my teachers have it on their computers... how do i get it on mine???!?!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 14, 2016
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 97.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: SMART Technologies ULC
- © 1995-2016 SMART Technologies
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.