SMART Notebook app for iPad
By SMART Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Now featuring SMART Notebook Maestro which connects SMART Notebook for iPad to SMART Notebook software. Visit - http://info.smarttech.com/20141031-Notebook-Maestro-Download_Landing-Page.html – to download the Notebook Maestro Add-On to enable this feature in SMART Notebook desktop. **
SMART Notebook for iPad is a light version of the SMART Notebook collaborative learning software. Using this app, you can both use and edit SMART Notebook lesson activities for individual and collaborative learning with an iPad.
- Pens and Erasers. Draw and write using colored digital pens and highlighters, and choose from multiple ink colors including Crayon and Calligraphic Ink, pen thicknesses and eraser sizes.
- Text. Insert or edit typed text and change the font type, color, size and justification on the page using Text Properties.
- Objects. Organize information and change the page layout. Tap to move, rotate or scale an object.
- Double-tap or tap and hold an object to cut, copy, paste, lock and unlock objects or to change their order. Double-tap or tap and hold an object to activate the Infinite Cloner and to change the sound properties.
- Shape and Line tool. Add shapes and lines to your file and choose the fill color, line color and thickness.
- Photos. Make files visual by inserting photos from the iPad Camera and Camera Roll.
- Sound. Enhance the auditory experience by adding sound recordings to objects. Double-tap or tap and hold an object to view the context menu and record a new sound.
- Share files. Share SMART Notebook files by e-mailing or upload to your Dropbox or Google Drive account.
- Integrated with Dropbox and Google Drive. Keep your SMART Notebook files up-to-date across multiple devices with Dropbox/Google Drive integration. One tap on the Dropbox/Google Drive icon in the SMART Notebook app for iPad file manager and you can quickly login to your Dropbox/Google Drive account to download or upload SMART Notebook files.
- SMART Notebook Maestro: Connect your iPad to SMART Notebook Desktop
- Multi select using marquee select
- Group/ Ungroup annotations
- Auto group ink
- Integrated assessment. Easily complete assessments using SMART Response VE.
- Display content. Show content from an iPad on an interactive whiteboard for the whole class to see using AirPlay and an Apple TV or using an HDMI or VGA cable with the proper connectors.
- Save As. Save the file with a new name to create multiple copies with unique file names.
- Revert to Original. With one tap, you can quickly reset a file to the original version for another group of students to complete.
What's New in Version 2.7.20
This version works with Notebook 14.2+ and includes new compatibility for Notebook 14.3.
Fix issue when drag and drop grouped annotations.
Fix crash on iOS 8 when camera is disabled from the general settings.
Maestro: sync flipped objects.
Fix rotation of jpg images with EXIF orientation.
Fix drag and drop objects with sound or file attached.
The app is good for one thing, opening smart files on the iPad. However I cannot use this with my class for most things that I do now with my computer. I could not scroll so that students could see the whole screen and it was very difficult to adjust the size of the screen to reveal the whole thing. There is no "full screen" mode, so students see all the slides of the whole lesson on the side of the screen and that is both distracting and takes up valuable space that could be used to enlarge the screen. Also there are no screens that hide content, like on the computer version, til you are ready to reveal it, something I use with most of my lessons to keep them focused. I will not be using this, waste of 6 bucks.
Just getting started
I'm just now looking at the app so I will update rating later. I am familiar with the software but just starting on iPad. I am having problems opening my presentations on the app. I have saved them in google drive and one drive but can't get them to open. I easily saved the tutorial given with the app and opened it from google drive. Any suggestions?
This app crashes every time I use it and it does not seem compatible with newer iOS updates. The app frequently has a pop-up saying that an action cannot be performed because there is not enough memory; however, there is enough memory, when 'ok' is clicked you can move forward with the same action with no problems, and it often happens when you just move the arrow-not saving or typing. It has been out for awhile and no updates, doesn't seem like a supported app.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 15, 2014
- Version: 2.7.20
- Size: 40.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: SMART Technologies ULC
- © 1995-2014 SMART Technologies
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.