** Now featuring SMART Notebook Maestro which connects SMART Notebook for iPad to SMART Notebook software. Visit http://go.smarttech.com/notebook-maestro-download to download the Notebook Maestro Add-On to enable this feature in SMART Notebook desktop. **
SMART Notebook for iPad is a light version of the SMART Notebook collaborative learning software. Using this app, you can both use and edit SMART Notebook lesson activities for individual and collaborative learning with an iPad.
• Pens and Erasers. Draw and write using colored digital pens and highlighters, and choose from multiple ink colors including Crayon and Calligraphic Ink, pen thicknesses and eraser sizes.
• Text. Insert or edit typed text and change the font type, color, size and justification on the page using Text Properties.
• Objects. Organize information and change the page layout. Tap to move, rotate or scale an object.
• Double-tap or tap and hold an object to cut, copy, paste, lock and unlock objects or to change their order. Double-tap or tap and hold an object to activate the Infinite Cloner and to change the sound properties.
• Shape and Line tool. Add shapes and lines to your file and choose the fill color, line color and thickness.
• Photos. Make files visual by inserting photos from the iPad Camera and Camera Roll.
• Sound. Enhance the auditory experience by adding sound recordings to objects. Double-tap or tap and hold an object to view the context menu and record a new sound.
• Share files. Share SMART Notebook files by e-mailing or upload to your iCloud Drive, Dropbox, or Google Drive account.
• Integrated with iCloud Drive, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Keep your SMART Notebook files up-to-date across multiple devices with iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive integration. One tap on the iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive icon in the SMART Notebook app for iPad file manager and you can quickly login to your iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive account to download or upload SMART Notebook files.
• SMART Notebook Maestro: Connect your iPad to SMART Notebook Desktop
• Multi select using marquee select
• Group/ Ungroup annotations
• Auto group ink
• Integrated assessment. Easily complete assessments using SMART Response VE.
• Display content. Show content from an iPad on an interactive whiteboard for the whole class to see using AirPlay and an Apple TV or using an HDMI or VGA cable with the proper connectors.
• Save As. Save the file with a new name to create multiple copies with unique file names.
• Revert to Original. With one tap, you can quickly reset a file to the original version for another group of students to complete.
• Adds the familiar creative pen tool and styles from the desktop version
• Support for object animation
• Additional support for page links
• Fixes Google Drive integration
• Fixes Dropbox integration
Ratings and Reviews
Hacks for using this App better
I’m a high school math teacher. All my lessons are smartboard files. Last yer I was super excited to see this app. Then I was super depressed that it did not come with a smartboard camera. I found a hack around this by downloading an amazing app called GoodNotes. You can use the lasso tool there to capture images and then copy and paste those into your smart notebook file.
This app has a propensity to close an not save your information which is maddening. Also, the inability to create folders to organize your files is ridiculous. Cmon Smartboard, you’re better than that.
The saving grace is that I am finally able to work on my lessons comfortably from my couch. That’s worth 3 stars to me. Oh, and the app is free.
Good But Could Be Better
I got this app because my school recently got iPad Pros and Smart TVs for each classroom. In a previous school I had a Smart Board and I was hoping to transfer past lessons to this app. However, I was unable to do so because both Google Drive and Dropbox no longer work with this app. Luckily, I discovered I could recreate many of my lessons by downloading other lessons from the Smart Exchange.
I do wish that this app had more features that the Smart Board software has. I would like to lock a text box but still allow it to move. I would like to make backgrounds on pictures transparent. It would also be nice to enable links.
Any chance for these features in an update?
What kind of iOS app loses your work when you switch between apps? THIS ONE!
So, I just finished creating my lesson notebook for the 3rd time because this app loses your work when you switch apps. That’s right...if this app goes to the background, you have to start from square one. Unless you constantly save, of course, but WHO DOES THAT ANYMORE? And then, even if you save, you have to use a different file name each time. Ugh!
If the developers fix this glitch, then I could give the app 4 stars. It’s a very lightweight version of the full-function software, and a little bit difficult to manipulate, but it gets the job done. The ability to interact in real-time with a computer running the full-function version is great.
- SMART Technologies ULC
- 107.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1995-2017 SMART Technologies
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.