** Now featuring SMART Notebook Maestro which connects SMART Notebook for iPad to SMART Notebook software. Visit http://go.smarttech.com/notebook-maestro-download to download the Notebook Maestro Add-On to enable this feature in SMART Notebook desktop. **
SMART Notebook for iPad is a light version of the SMART Notebook collaborative learning software. Using this app, you can both use and edit SMART Notebook lesson activities for individual and collaborative learning with an iPad.
• Pens and Erasers. Draw and write using colored digital pens and highlighters, and choose from multiple ink colors including Crayon and Calligraphic Ink, pen thicknesses and eraser sizes.
• Text. Insert or edit typed text and change the font type, color, size and justification on the page using Text Properties.
• Objects. Organize information and change the page layout. Tap to move, rotate or scale an object.
• Double-tap or tap and hold an object to cut, copy, paste, lock and unlock objects or to change their order. Double-tap or tap and hold an object to activate the Infinite Cloner and to change the sound properties.
• Shape and Line tool. Add shapes and lines to your file and choose the fill color, line color and thickness.
• Photos. Make files visual by inserting photos from the iPad Camera and Camera Roll.
• Sound. Enhance the auditory experience by adding sound recordings to objects. Double-tap or tap and hold an object to view the context menu and record a new sound.
• Share files. Share SMART Notebook files by e-mailing or upload to your iCloud Drive, Dropbox, or Google Drive account.
• Integrated with iCloud Drive, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Keep your SMART Notebook files up-to-date across multiple devices with iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive integration. One tap on the iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive icon in the SMART Notebook app for iPad file manager and you can quickly login to your iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive account to download or upload SMART Notebook files.
• SMART Notebook Maestro: Connect your iPad to SMART Notebook Desktop
• Multi select using marquee select
• Group/ Ungroup annotations
• Auto group ink
• Integrated assessment. Easily complete assessments using SMART Response VE.
• Display content. Show content from an iPad on an interactive whiteboard for the whole class to see using AirPlay and an Apple TV or using an HDMI or VGA cable with the proper connectors.
• Save As. Save the file with a new name to create multiple copies with unique file names.
• Revert to Original. With one tap, you can quickly reset a file to the original version for another group of students to complete.
• Adds the familiar creative pen tool and styles from the desktop version
• Support for object animation
• Additional support for page links
• Fixes Google Drive integration
• Fixes Dropbox integration
Ratings and Reviews
Hacks for using this App better
I’m a high school math teacher. All my lessons are smartboard files. Last yer I was super excited to see this app. Then I was super depressed that it did not come with a smartboard camera. I found a hack around this by downloading an amazing app called GoodNotes. You can use the lasso tool there to capture images and then copy and paste those into your smart notebook file.
This app has a propensity to close an not save your information which is maddening. Also, the inability to create folders to organize your files is ridiculous. Cmon Smartboard, you’re better than that.
The saving grace is that I am finally able to work on my lessons comfortably from my couch. That’s worth 3 stars to me. Oh, and the app is free.
Needed a full version since Maestro came out
Maestro is a step in the right direction. However if I’m going to be able to run a presentation from my iPad I need a full version complete with fonts, add ons, and bugs squashed. Currently erasing on the iPad does not erase ink on the computer. Also maestro should be airplay incorporated or WiFi. QR scanning is too slow. Lots of great potential.
I think this app is great for kids and teachers. Kids can have fun drawing and doodling on this app, while teachers can teach using the tools, including the shapes and typing. This app could be improved by using what I call “the eraser trick”. This trick allows the eraser to go around the drawings and when tapped on the middle, everything around disappears. Please add and five stars will come easily.
- SMART Technologies ULC
- 107.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1995-2017 SMART Technologies
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.