Smart Ride: Transit Directions, Real Time Predictions and Transportation Routes
By Smart Ride, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Smart Ride® empowers your commute by providing real-time arrivals and alerts for many major North American transit agencies.
** TIME.com "50 Best iPhone Apps" for 2012 **
** Winner of LA Metro Developer Challenge for the best NextBus Mobile App **
Transportation helps define the values of our society. A good transportation system gives all people more choices for where to live, work, and have fun. Having a reliable system with accurate and predictable information gives you freedom to spend your time on what matters to you most in life.
So sit back and relax, Smart Ride has you covered. Those few extra minutes in the morning with the kids, people watching at the cafe, or just staying out of the rain, can really make all the difference in your day.
* Instant access to transit routes near your current location!
* Accurate real-time GPS-based vehicle arrival predictions! (realtime where available)
* Live transit alerts and advisories!
* Watch your progress in real-time on your route's journey!
* Plan a trip across multiple agencies -- NEW!
* Remember your favorite stops for quick glance info.
* Bird's eye view on our map of stop details.
* Browse our supported areas to help plan your next vacation.
SUPPORTED TRANSIT REGIONS
- New York, NY
- Greater Boston Area, MA
- Chicago, IL
- Los Angeles County, CA
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Toronto, Canada
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Ventura County, CA
- Seattle, Washington
- Portland, Oregon
- Washington DC
- Florida (Tampa, Miami-Dade, Broward County, Pinellas County)
- New Jersey (PATH, PATCO, NJ Transit)
- Atlanta, GA
- Austin, TX
- Orange County, CA
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Louisville, KY
- San Diego, CA
- Reno, NV
And many others!!
Please check our website for the most up-to-date list of our supported agencies. We are constantly adding new cities, but if you don't see your city listed, please email us and we will work with your local transit agency to add support!
PLEASE SEND US YOUR FEEDBACK
Thank you for your continued support on this rapidly evolving product! If you have comments or feedback, or would like to report a problem, please contact us at support @ smartrideapp.com. Remember ot include your city, transit agency, routes or stops, and any other pertinent location information so we can troubleshoot your issue. Our goal is to make Smart Ride THE BEST Transit App out there.
We look forward to hearing from you!
"Smart Ride" is a registered trademark of Smart Ride, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
What's New in Version 4.6.0
* Added Pittsburgh, PA (Port Authority of Allegheny County)
* Bug fixes and improvements
It's great! I know what time to expect the muni
This works for me! I take the muni every morning and evening and have been using this app for like 8 months now. It's been great. I know when to expect the muni and I see when the muni suddenly disappears.
I love the favorites tab because I always look at the same ones ever day. I wish it would remember to start the app on favorites rather than needing to navigate to it every time, but that's minor. I haven't experienced too many bugs with it (yet) so I'm pretty content with the app.
Good App, but has room for improvement
This app is great!! Love the map and nearby stops feature. I know exactly when my bus will arrive. I think it could be better if it showed the real destination if a bus cuts off short. Another problem is that when both directions are at the same stop, each (i.e: east and west), both directions will show the same times making it confusing for what time the bus will come in a particular direction.
AC Transit rider
A very useful app, with a few minor missing features.
All the stops on the bus system I use are numbered, and it would be useful to be able to find a stop this way, instead of having to scroll through a list.
Filtering for the 'nearby' function would be welcome. I change buses near a main subway station, and being able to see the buses and not the (numerous) subway trains would make finding my bus a lot easier.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 01, 2015
- Version: 4.6.0
- Size: 6.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Smart Ride, Inc.
- © 2015 Smart Ride, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.