Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We love efficiency, simplicity, and productivity. We know your time is valuable. And we believe using paper for your seating charts is absolutely crazy!
Fantastic Seating Charts, Attendance, Photos, Random Student Selector
Quickly export a copy of your class attendance record
Export a PDF version of your seating chart via email or to Dropbox!
"I love this teacher app!!! I love how I can take attendance and tardies by touch of a button." – Mike
"It has made my teaching life so much easier!" – Susan
"The seating plan feature in Smart Seat makes this the best app for keeping attendance records. I also love the 'random' student selection feature...well done!" – Glen
This app lets you create seating charts with desks on a grid, record and export attendance, choose random students for class participation, make student notes, and store student photos all in one place. Move students around by dragging and dropping students. Generate a PDF version of your seating charts (with photos) as a backup or to give to substitute teachers. Take role easily by tapping on absent, tardy, or excused students. Create spreadsheets of your class attendance records and then easily transcribe the records to your school's attendance system. Load student photos to help you quickly learn student names. Make notes about each student. Export student records to e-mail. Create a custom desk layout by starting with a grid pattern that you choose, then hide selected desks. Go paperless!
● Load student names using three options: from e-mail attachment, type in, or copy and paste. See our website FAQ for more info.
● Drag and drop students to change seating arrangement.
● Choose how you want your seating chart to look: show student nicknames, full names, or photos plus nickname.
● Export and print PDF seating charts.
● Record attendance by simply tapping on the student to mark Absent, Tardy, or Excused. Default state is Present.
● View, export, and print a spreadsheet of class attendance records for a range of dates that you select (up to 1 year).
● Choose students at random for class participation and class discussion.
● Use the "flashcard" feature to quickly learn student names. Toggle between photos and names by tapping on the class title at the top of the seating chart.
● Tap on a student to access attendance history, notes, and to load a photo using your mobile device's photo album or camera.
● Use the classroom layout screen to change the number of rows and columns by panning up/down and left/right.
● Customize classroom layouts by creating a grid pattern for your desks, and then hiding selected desks.
● Scramble option allows instant creation of new seating arrangement.
● Add new students to class roster.
● Maximum size desk layout is 15x15 for iPhone/iPod touch and 30x30 for iPad.
● Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, iOS 5.0 or later. 2nd generation iPod touch no longer supported.
● Delete students by swiping student name in roster.
● To save a PDF copy of your seating chart in Dropbox, install the free Dropbox app. From the seating chart tap More, Chart Options, View PDF Chart, and tap the export button in the upper right corner.
● If your .txt file is not loading, copy the list of student names directly from your email. Create a class in Smart Seat using the “Type or Paste Names” option.
● Tap the title bar to enter flash card mode in which the student photos are shown but the names are hidden.
PHOTOS: G Livaudais, R Lakis, E Vikne, Sizumaru, Limaoscarjuliet, A Al-Naser, H Saber, A Baker, DirkusMaximus, Geishaboy500, C Bach, Nezemnaya, Joyseph, P Gagilas, J Wilson, and T Stein.
What's New in Version 3.3
Added random grouping feature. From the seating chart, tap More, then tap Create Groups. You can turn the group seat colors on or off in Chart Options.
Added details to the attendance summary, including daily totals for attendance statuses and student attendance totals for the selected date range.
I am going to give this app 5 stars, because it has been a life-saver as a teacher. I am a Library Media Specialist and I see 17 different classes on a 6-day cycle, so I need to stay organized. I love the camera/photo feature and I love being able to take notes on individual students (really helps to keep IEPs, etc) in order.
Even though there are still a few things I would like to see happen with the app, the #1 reason I am giving it 5 stars is because they actually listen to people's suggestions about how to make it better and upgrade whenever possible! I recently suggested that it would be very helpful to be able to manage my list of classes by having the ability to switch them around, and today I discovered I now have that ability! Thanks Cornsoft!
Helps me remember names, randomize, and take attendance.
I have always had a hard time remembering student names, this makes that easier. I can take pictures of kids and study at home! I can randomly call on students, take attendance even when the power is out or the network is down at school, which is frequently, and then put it in later. It also quickly forms student groups, which saves time for me!
I would give this 4/5 stars if it could do just three more things: keep track of how many times I call on individual students each day, let me put a + or a - based on their response to keep track of informal assessments, and let me create groups.
Oh my gosh! This last update added everything I wanted from the program. Many things I had requested, and some things I hadn't asked for--but you had read my mind!!
The ability to view pictures of the kids on the device, as well as on the print out was my #1 request. The ability to print out arrange of attendance notes, was my #2 request. But the ability to show the chart in reverse order is PERFECT for showing it to the students (on the projector with airplay) when I change their seats. I hadn't asked for that, but it's awesome!
Note to the developer: I was reading over some of the requests people are making in the feedback on iTunes, and some of it is way out of the scope of a seating chart app, please don't try to be all things to all people... The app UI could end up a mess.
Thanks for the hard work!
Channel Islands High School, Ca.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 08, 2013
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jack Quinn
- © 2011 Cornsoft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.