Tired of carrying a piece of paper around the Gym? Or using the notes app to keep track of your workout? Or maybe you're a Personal Trainer and wants to keep track of all your students' progress?
SmartGym solves all this in a beautiful, elegant and easy way.
Our goal was to focus on some specific tasks and implement them better than any other app in the market. Routines, History and Body Measures are now extremely simple to keep track of. And of course, with a beautiful Apple Watch app, so you can even leave your phone in your bag while you workout.
- Featured by Apple on the front page of the App Store all around the world.
- Featured by Apple on the App Store section "Apps We Love".
- Featured by Apple on the App Store section "Workout and Trainers".
- #1 Health & Fitness app in over 30 countries.
- Create and manage all your routines.
- Add as many exercises to your routines as you want.
- Create custom timer for each specific exercise.
- Over 240 pre-installed exercises with images and animations.
- Add new custom exercises with images.
- Check all exercises as done to add them to your history.
- Keep track of your training history and progress.
- Keep track of your body measures.
- Share your routines with your friends.
- Integration with the Health app.
- Beautiful charts showing all your different progress.
Apple Watch only:
- Keep track of your heart rate, distance and calories burned.
- Use your session data to count towards your activity rings.
- Use Siri to start your workout.
- Modify your exercise right from the Watch.
- Personal Trainers can Manage their students from the Watch.
Personal Trainer Only:
- Great way to manage all your students.
The free version of SmartGym gives access to 2 routines, 10 histories and 2 measures. Upgrade to our monthly or annually subscriptions to access unlimited routines, histories, measurements, plus a premium account that syncs all data to our cloud service. SmartGym also has an In App Purchase that unlocks all features, but locally only (without our cloud service).
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hour prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
- Small improvements and bug fixes.
This is by far our biggest update yet. We have *a ton* of new features and we hope you all like it.
- iPad app. SmartGym now has a beautiful iPad app where you can view and manage all your data.
- SmartGym for Personal Trainers! Personal Trainers can now manage all their students in a beautiful, easy to use and simple way. They can keep track of all their students activities at the Gym, manage their routines and follow their progress.
- SmartGym Premium. Store all your data on the cloud and keep everything automatically synced across all your devices.
- Improved User Interface and Experience.
- Siri Shortcuts.
- Support for the new screen sizes.
Apple Watch app improvements:
- Swipe left on any screen to control the music you’re listening to (watchOS 5 required).
- Siri Shortcuts on the Siri Watch Face.
- UI Improvements.
- Improvements on superset exercises.
- Predictive Actions. SmartGym predicts the next action you might make and add shortcuts to the interface.
- Apple Watch app for Personal Trainers.
Ratings and Reviews
"Start today's workout on SmartGym."
The main thing I like about this app is how you can manually add routines and exercises. Most health apps try to do everything for you and often charge monthly so you can have access to automatically created workouts. I already have a great workout routine and I just wanted to be able to easily add my sets, reps, and weight so I don’t have to lug around my notebook. Overall this app works as advertised and is fairly easy to build custom exercises to use in the future. The organization and naming criteria make sense for most of my exercises except for a few movements. Specifically, there is currently no way to group a set of movements into one exercise. For instance, I’d like to make a core circuit which has three different exercises some with sets and reps and some with sets and duration and then be able to specify how many sets of that bundle I need to do. You can kind of do a work around and currently I’ve just been adding the multiple steps to any exercise within the notes section of it. However, I will be asking for this bundle feature to be added.
Hi, thanks for the kind words and great suggestions! There is a way to group a set of exercises. It's called a superset, which is basically a group of exercises chained together. So, instead of thinking of many movements as one exercise, we think as one group of exercises, or one Superset. To do this is pretty simple. Go to the first exercise of this group and enable the superset toggle. This will connect it to the next exercise. If you have a third exercise, you also need to do this for the second one as well. So, go to the second exercise and enable Superset. You can do this for as many exercises as you want. After you're done, all exercises will be grouped as part of one Superset. When you check one as done, all of the others are also checked. Hope it helped. If you have any other question, feel free to get in touch with our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good but needs improvement
I definitely like this app and I much prefer its one time payment approach as opposed to many other weightlifting apps that want to charge crazy monthly or yearly subscriptions.
However, this app isn’t prefect. One thing I’d like to see added is the ability to edit past workouts. There are times when I’ll forget to change the weight during a workout and there’s currently no way to change it once the workout is completed.
Also the ability to add drop sets would be a welcome addition.
In addition, the Apple Watch version of the app needs much improvement. It doesn’t handle supersets very well. For example, once I complete the first part of the superset it won’t transition into the next exercise, I’m only able to see the last exercise in the set. It also doesn’t check off all of the exercises in the superset, only the last one that has the timer on it.
I would also like to see improvements made to the charts section. If every exercise had an accompanying chart that showed how much you’ve lifted over time and gave suggestions for increasing weight and estimating one rep max would be a great feature.
All in all, I really like this app and use it almost everyday, but there is much room for improvement
Hi, thanks a lot for such great suggestions. We will definitely see what we can do about them. Quick comments: SmartGym does check all exercises in the superset. We even included a setting inside the More tab on the iPhone app, so you can disable this if you want. But it is enabled by default, and checking one exercise from a superset will automatically check every other as well. Also, every exercise does have a charts section. But it only shows if you have more than one value added to that exercise. If you have any other suggestion and/or questions, feel free to get in touch with us at email@example.com. Thanks.
- Mateus Abras
- 89.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 SmartGym
- In-App Purchases
- User Premium Yearly $14.99
- Unlock All Local Features $3.99
- User Premium Monthly $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.