Bike smarter with SmartHalo, a minimalist, award-winning, circular interface that pairs with your iPhone to elevate your cycling experience. This is the smart biking device you’ve been waiting for.
FIND YOUR WAY AROUND
Get turn-by-turn navigation straight on your handlebars, through an intuitive halo of light. Let SmartHalo guide you towards the quickest and safest routes. When only the destination matters, compass mode only points you towards your destination; how you get there is up to you.
NIGHT LIGHTING DONE RIGHT
At night, it’s good to see and be seen. As soon as the sun sets, SmartHalo's light turns on automatically. When your ride is finished, it shuts down on its own. Magic.
KEEP YOUR BIKE SAFE FROM THIEVES
SmartHalo’s internal motion sensor makes sure that any persistent meddling with your sacred two-wheeler triggers a loud alarm.
SET GOALS. GET FIT. BIKE HARD
Feel like surpassing yourself? You can set fitness goals in the app and SmartHalo will display your progress in real time, right on your handlebars. Now with Apple Health app integration.
CALL AND SMS NOTIFICATIONS
Cyclists often miss important calls because of street noise and vibration. This is thing of the past with SmartHalo’s personal assistant.
We regularly update the app to bring you new features and to fix some bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what they say
I can say my expectations are met. It does exactly what they say it will do, navigation is great, battery has been going forever without needing a recharge (installed it early January, 3 miles commute each way to work, took a couple weeks off due to nasty weather).
I mainly bought for navigation, and I have used the auto light a couple times, but I really can’t tell you much about the security or health tracking.
My wish list would be multiple routes I can choose from (which they say is coming), and ability to design my own direction map and import it, third party tracking (if I share a link, or an account, something, others should be able to track me in real time) after my accident my wife has been worried whenever I ride, so I’m still using RoadID for each ride.
Basically still beta testing - wait to buy
So I've been excited about Smart Halo forever. Unfortunately, I'm very disappointed.
1. If you have bullhorn handlebars, you may have a hard time installing the device if it fits at all.
2. The device's construction is lacking. The pieces and locking mechanism are janky.
3. The device can't distinguish biking from a subway. Traveling 40+mph for miles is recorded as a bike trip.
4. There is no way to edit workout data to remove the incorrect data. So the data it captures is worthless.
5. While it has open source maps (which are poor for directions) it doesn't track the actual route you take. A great feature that I use with manual tracking apps.
6. The light is not bright.
In conclusion, without major software fixes, don't buy this device. Use a dedicated manual tracking app for workouts and a real map program for navigation.
We are currently working to improve map, search and navigation and we will improve fitness metrics after this, I do agree that it would be cool to see trips you've completed outside of fitness.
Google maps is now available for beta tester, here's the form to apply to be a beta tester if you're interested: https://claire521.typeform.com/to/yPAnbz
About your handlebar issue, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a picture of your SmartHalo on your handlebar and we will help you ti make it fits.
Thanks for your feedback!
So much potential, so close
I’ll come back to this and update it periodically, but here are my quick takes on using the SmartHalo app* over the past 6 months of daily urban commuting:
- recent update to choose between several filtered route options
- inability to track past routes
- no apple watch integration or siri integration (that i can find)
- health tracking algorithm seems incorrect; vastly under reports calories compared with other apps
- if i stay connected to app while at home, the headlight on the device turns on while it’s parked in my living room
* only commenting on app, not the SmartHalo hardware, which is completely amazing, 9.5/10, highly recommend
- SmartHalo Technologies Inc.
- 122.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © CycleLabs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.