Formerly known as SmartLink™, this updated, intelligent app provides motivating workouts customized to your goals to help you achieve results. The app wirelessly connects to the Octane machine from your iOS device.
Start by identifying your workout goal, such as Lose Weight, Feel Better, Get Stronger, Athletic Performance or Active Recovery. The app gets you on track with multiple workouts designed specifically for your goal so you exercise smarter. No more guesswork, planning or unproductive routines.
Take on HIIT with Octane’s challenging MMA and 30:30 Interval regimens, or combine cardio, strength and flexibility with an ultra-productive CROSS CiRCUIT® session (not available on xRide® recumbent elliptical). Instructional videos show proper form for more than 35 pre-programmed routines and 225 strength exercises.
On the Zero Runner, take advantage of stride tracing technology to ensure a consistent gait and cadence.
And watch your progress over time, as the app automatically stores all workout history and links with Apple® Health. Fuel your workouts with the Octane Fitness app!
1. Goal-based routines – Lose weight, feel better, improve endurance, increase strength, athletic performance or active recovery
2. Custom feedback – Motivational screens include a tachometer, track, heart rate, video-based coaching and more
3. All-inclusive workouts – CROSS CiRCUIT® combines intervals of cardio, strength and flexibility exercises into one workout
4. HIIT – MMA and 30:30 challenge exercisers, and Workout Boosters add intense intervals in any routine
5. Individual tracking – The app tracks and saves all workout history, and connects to Apple® Health
6. Accommodating – For beginners to advanced levels – with multiple regimens and intensity levels
This app requires Octane Fitness elliptical models Q47xi, Q37xi or xR6xi, or the Zero Runner.
• iOS 10.0 or later
• iPad 4th generation or later, iPhone 5 or later, iPad Mini 2 or later, and iPod Touch 6th generation or later.
• Internet connectivity; certain videos require internet connectivity either through WiFi or a mobile network (GSM/3G/4G/LTE)
1. Intuitive new design – User-friendly and simple to navigate, the updated app conveniently puts everything at one’s fingertips and offers multiple ways to access personal data.
2. Multiple motivation screens – To display workout feedback, users can choose from several motivational screens, including a tachometer, track, heart rate, video-based coaching and more to identify the best visual option to help them achieve results faster.
3. Cardio and strength – CROSS CiRCUIT®, which combines intervals of cardio, strength and flexibility exercises into one workout on one machine, features a new design, updated videos, additional workouts and more exercises.
4. HIIT – Octane’s signature MMA and 30:30 routines are taken up a notch with an addictive tachometer that displays real-time calorie burn to compel exercisers to bury the needle. Workout Boosters also add intense intervals in any routine.
5. Stride tracing – Dual stride tracing technology on the Zero Runner®(ZR8) monitors gait and cadence to help exercisers identify stride imbalances and maintain consistency throughout workouts.
6. Customized tracking – Users create their own profile, and workout history is conveniently tracked and saved in the app, and connected to Apple® Health, with additional third-party apps forthcoming.
7. Best-in-class Bluetooth® connection – Exercisers simply set their device on the console and hit connect, to automatically connect the app to the machine.
Ratings and Reviews
Unreliable app, sad pairing to a great running device
I’ve had my zr8 for about 4 months, and logged 126 miles to date. I had a little trouble pairing, but the real issue is the lack of table stakes features, and the consistently unreliable connectivity. The app freezes around 3 days each week during my daily run. I’ve used the app on two different iPhones, and tried reinstalling several times. What I find works best is to pair my garmin Fenix 3 hr to my chest hr strap and the zr8 pedometer, and use that to track my runs. I use this app only to start the countdown.
If octane fixed the reliability issues, the next problem with the app is that the runs are locked on the phone. I can’t look at my stats online, or see any aggregations. I can’t even look at my run history unless I’m actively connected to an octane device. Good luck to someone who finds one of these in a gym.
They have a gimmicky visual that shows my stride in real time while I’m balancing on pedals, but I can’t look at this after my run. Overall, the app is nearly useless and vey disappointing. They should invest in a reputable app developer with BT and comms experience.
Not quite okay.
One more example of a application designed for someone other than the end user.
The app does not sync consistently with the machine which would not be that big of a issue if the machine would remember my age and weight. So without the app the data needs to be entered for each work out. Fiddling with the machine or fiddling with the app is often my choice in the morning. (Update: The machine will remember age and weight. In the instructions, spend 30 minutes and push a whole bunch of buttons. Then more buttons to tell it who you are.)
The app locks the whole phone in portrait mode when open not just the app. Again not a big deal just a pain.
To design a workout, well I just do not know how to do that. There seems to be some functionality for this or a way to adapt the preset workouts but the in app process eludes me. I have saved workouts but to where I do not know.
The saving of data is limited to the format set, once again not useful to me.
No export to health kit.
A lot of time was spent making this application pretty and clean looking. Though usefulness, to me anyway, is very limited.
Update; this update is to change my rating from 2 stars to 1 star. The machine is great! I ,mostly, fixed the linking issue, but! The app is designed like it came right out of a spread sheet, it may be good for a pro level user but not for me.
Anyway I found a way to get what I need using my Apple Watch and minimal button pushing.
The app is gone, yea!!
The Smartlink would not sync AT ALL to my Q37xi. After problems with getting a hold of anyone to figure out the problem I finally got an email and was able to talk to someone. Once we figured out the radio portion of the machine was out they sent me the new part (as the part was still under warranty). The part came fast and I was able to install it on my own. Now the machine is working again and Smartlink is connecting to my Ipad bluetooth.
Thank you for reaching out and we are very happy to hear that your issue was resolved. You can always reach our dedicated support team at 800-726-9662 Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm CST should you have any more problems. They are standing by and ready to help!
- OF Holdings, Inc.
- 366.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Octane Fitness LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.