By MakeMusic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 award winner of Best Concert Band/Orchestra Teaching Tool by School and Band Orchestra magazine, SmartMusic is interactive music learning software that pushes you to play your best. This app gives you unlimited access to SmartMusic's extensive repertoire library, including over 50 method books, nearly 50,000 skill building exercises and a combined 22,000+ solo and ensemble titles by major publishers such as Alfred, Barnhouse, Belwin, Hal Leonard, Kjos, and others. Full repertoire access requires a SmartMusic account with access to a valid subscription.
This app combines many of the great practice features available through your SmartMusic subscription with the convenience of your iPad. What can you do with SmartMusic?
• Open sheet music on screen for 22,000+ solo and ensemble titles, including repertoire for brass, percussion, strings, woodwinds and voice with accompaniment.
• Practice with over 70 method books and nearly 50,000 skill building exercises.
• Record and listen to your performance.
• See your successes and areas for improvement, and loop difficult passages.
• If used in an educational setting, students can receive, review, and submit SmartMusic-created assignments as well as custom assignments made with Finale-created accompaniments and MP3 audio files.
Practice more, build skills, and gain confidence with SmartMusic. Play along with musical accompaniment while SmartMusic scores your performance. Download the SmartMusic app today and begin to experience the power of interactive practice.
What's New in Version 2.9
• Added an instrument selection to address problem where some assignments could not be opened by students.
• Added Retina display support for 4th Gen iPads.
• Fixed a problem where on-screen keyboard covered up errors during login.
• Fixed a problem with start and stop points after changing your instrument.
• Fixed a problem where stop and stop points were not updated when listening to takes.
• Fixed a transposition bug with Marimba and Vibraphone in exercises.
• Fixed the app from hanging when changing instrument part back to the default.
• Fixed the crash when tapping stop take in some situations.
• Fixed issues around transposition and drawing of SMPX assignments.
• Misc. interface improvements for the iPad Pro
Not sur if I want to renew subscription
Have had smart music forever, but app has been having many many issues on my iPad don't use pc much anymore so not sure how it works, but license issues on songs I already downloaded and shuts down a lot on its own. Have to open 2 or 3 times often just to get it to stay open. Hope they resolve some of this soon, and add more titles
Frustrating and broken
Doesn't pick up half of the notes that I play also the little green bar that moves across the measures is inaccurate and is basically a constant distraction while your playing. The entire app is just very frustrating. 40 dollar subscription is over priced for how broken this app is. Servers are slow and this week completely broken. I would not recommend anybody use this ever.
Not as bad as people think. Could be better.
+1 star for navigation
+1 star for affectiveness
Honestly, not as bad as these people think. I agree that there needs to be updates, but honestly, this app helps me do my band homework. Crashes, but not that frequently.