Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SmartPlaylist is the most advanced playlist generator for iPod/iPhone/iPad with many unique features.
You can combine 21 search rules (comments, rating, play count, last played, etc.) to filter your iTunes music library.
The supported gestures for play/pause, etc. are explained in Menu > Help...
TAB BAR FOR EASY SWITCHING:
● With the tab bar on top you can switch easily between smart playlist A, B, C, D, E or F (+ G on iPad, + V, W, X, Y, Z on iPhone in landscape orientation)
● No need to bother with typing in "meaningful names" -- the rules always tell you what's "inside"
SEARCH IN TEXT FIELDS:
● You can search by Artist, Title, Album, Composer, Genre, Comments, Lyrics and/or iPod-Playlist.
● Search for exact matches (is equal to), for any partial matches (contains) or use wildcards (?/*)
● Use logical operators to unite (OR), intersect (AND) or exclude (NOT) certain songs.
The rule "Genre contains blu OR zz" will give you all your blues and jazz songs in 1 playlist. Quick and simple.
MUSIC BROWSER: (similar to the Column Browser in iTunes)
● Browse your music collection hierarchically by Genres > Composers > Artists > Albums > Titles
● At each level you can pick 1, several or all items to collect the desired sets or narrow down your search
COMBINE WITH POWERFUL NUMERICAL SEARCH CRITERIA:
● Rating (0 to 5 stars)
● Last Played (how many days, weeks, months or years ago)
● Released (how many days, weeks, months or years ago)
● Play Count (played how many times)
● Skip Count (skipped how many times)
● Duration (how many minutes long) - and/or -
● Track Number
● BPM (beats per minute)
● Year (of recording)
● iCloud (is in cloud or not)
You can search for values less than, equal to / from-to (=) or more than the limit you set
"Rating 4 or 5" and "Last Played > 2 years ago" will get your favourite songs not listened to for a long time.
● Make exceptions to the rules by adding or removing individual titles from a list using ⊕⊖ (⊕ include, ⊖ exclude)
UNIQUE MIX OPTIONS:
● Sort at random to get a different mix with each search
● Sort the results by one of the criteria mentioned above (in ascending ◢ or descending ◣ order)
● Sort with multiple criteria, e.g. 1. by Artist, 2. by Rating (per artist), 3. by playCount (per rating)
● Shuffle by title or shuffle by album
● Limit the number of titles per artist or per album
● Limit the list to x minutes, hours or titles
ADVANCED SET OPERATIONS ("Fusion"):
● Merge lists together (e.g. A + B = C)
● Remove all songs belonging to another list (e.g. A - B = C)
● Intersect the results to obtain only the songs common to both lists
FEEL FREE TO DISCOVER YOUR MUSIC COLLECTION:
● Look at the artwork or details of a song while another one is playing in the background
● Create a new smart playlist, while the previous list is still playing in the background (use "Show only")
● Scroll the extensive list view with rating, play count, composer, genre, last played, etc. at a glance
● Look at all the mentioned info in the details view (+ skipCount, albumArtist, releaseDate, etc.)
● See and copy the full length of the title, album name, composer, comments, lyrics, etc.
● Enlarge the cover artwork up to full screen (tap/double-tap)
What's New in Version 8.0.2
Bug fixes in list sorting.
This is something I've been looking for for YEARS. I wish I had found it sooner. For anyone who has a large music library and uses the shuffle feature has probably noticed that your I-device seems to avoid large chunks of your collection. With this app you can easily tell the music app to play songs that haven't been played for a month.. 2 months.. for example. Include or exclude artists, genres.. limit by number of plays.. number of skips.. it's almost endless.
Warning, though, this app is very advanced feature-wise so if you're not familiar with querying be sure to look at the documentation for help.
I Agree A little Clunkly But Great Once You Get the Hang Of It
If you use the menu button in the lower left and the select help from the drop down list you will see the instructions for creating and playing the playlist you generate. It's awesome once you get the handle of it.
Holy Sweet Moses it's a miracle!!
For years I've been miserable over the fact that I couldn't create smart playlists on my iPhone. If only I knew this app existed sooner!!! I'm shocked at what this app is capable of
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 02, 2015
- Version: 8.0.2
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Daniel Habluetzel-Laville
- © 2015 Daniel Habluetzel-Laville
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.