Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SmartPlaylist is the most advanced playlist generator for iPod/iPhone/iPad with many unique features.
You can combine 22 search rules (comments, rating, play count, last played, etc.) to filter your iTunes music library.
The supported gestures for play/pause, etc. are explained in Menu > Help...
TAB BAR FOR EASY SWITCHING:
● With the tab bar on top you can switch easily between smart playlist A, B, C, D, E or F (+ G on iPad, + V, W, X, Y, Z on iPhone in landscape orientation)
● No need to bother with typing in "meaningful names" -- the rules always tell you what's "inside"
SEARCH IN TEXT FIELDS:
● You can search by Artist, Title, Album, Composer, Genre, Comments, Lyrics and/or iPod-Playlist.
● Search for exact matches (is equal to), for any partial matches (contains) or use wildcards (?/*)
● Use logical operators to unite (OR), intersect (AND) or exclude (NOT) certain songs.
The rule "Genre contains blu OR zz" will give you all your blues and jazz songs in 1 playlist. Quick and simple.
MUSIC BROWSER: (similar to the Column Browser in iTunes)
● Browse your music collection hierarchically by Genres > Composers > Artists > Albums > Titles
● At each level you can pick 1, several or all items to collect the desired sets or narrow down your search
COMBINE WITH POWERFUL NUMERICAL SEARCH CRITERIA:
● Rating (0 to 5 stars)
● Last Played (how many days, weeks, months or years ago)
● Released (how many days, weeks, months or years ago)
● Play Count (played how many times)
● Skip Count (skipped how many times)
● Duration (how many minutes long) - and/or -
● Track Number
● BPM (beats per minute)
● Year (of recording)
● iCloud (is in cloud or not)
You can search for values less than, equal to / from-to (=) or more than the limit you set
"Rating 4 or 5" and "Last Played > 2 years ago" will get your favourite songs not listened to for a long time.
● Make exceptions to the rules by adding or removing individual titles from a list using ⊕⊖ (⊕ include, ⊖ exclude)
UNIQUE MIX OPTIONS:
● Sort at random to get a different mix with each search
● Sort the results by one of the criteria mentioned above (in ascending ◢ or descending ◣ order)
● Sort with multiple criteria, e.g. 1. by Artist, 2. by Rating (per artist), 3. by playCount (per rating)
● Shuffle by title (shuffle by album does not work as expected at the moment due to an Apple bug)
● Limit the number of titles per artist or per album
● Limit the list to x minutes, hours or titles
ADVANCED SET OPERATIONS ("Fusion"):
● Merge lists together (e.g. A + B = C)
● Remove all songs belonging to another list (e.g. A - B = C)
● Intersect the results to obtain only the songs common to both lists
FEEL FREE TO DISCOVER YOUR MUSIC COLLECTION:
● Look at the artwork or details of a song while another one is playing in the background
● Create a new smart playlist, while the previous list is still playing in the background (use "Show only")
● Scroll the extensive list view with rating, play count, composer, genre, last played, etc. at a glance
● Look at all the mentioned info in the details view (+ skipCount, albumArtist, releaseDate, etc.)
● See and copy the full length of the title, album name, composer, comments, lyrics, etc.
● Enlarge the cover artwork up to full screen (tap/double-tap)
What's New in Version 9.3.0
New: Save settings and search rules to iCloud and restore settings/rules from iCloud.
Settings/rules are first stored locally on the device (that is why is works so quickly) and then later synced to iCloud. So, even if you are not online or not logged in to iCloud you can backup/retore your settings/rules.
New: Split-view on iPad (side-by-side with other apps).
Some bug fixes.
Attention to detail.
I'm amazed by how powerful it is and how efficiently it operates. I love it but I think it skipped leg day. Every part of the interface feels like an afterthought. If someone in interface development wants to see where they can take it, please let them.
Simply the Best
This is the best playlist generator out there for iPhone. If you have a large library of music this is a must have.
Another great update! I still use this app just about every day to listen to music at work and in the car. Powerful query tools make it really simple to quickly generate playlists based on just about any criteria. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Just updated to a new iPhone 6S+ and Smart Playlist updated along with it. Thanks for the iOS9 support! I still use this app almost daily to help manage playing my huge on-device library. Love being able to run queries against my collection to build playlists on the fly. I don't ever want to be without this app!
This is something I've been looking for for YEARS. I wish I had found it sooner. For anyone who has a large music library and uses the shuffle feature has probably noticed that your I-device seems to avoid large chunks of your collection. With this app you can easily tell the music app to play songs that haven't been played for a month.. 2 months.. for example. Include or exclude artists, genres.. limit by number of plays.. number of skips.. it's almost endless.
Warning, though, this app is very advanced feature-wise so if you're not familiar with querying be sure to look at the documentation for help.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 16, 2016
- Version: 9.3.0
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Daniel Habluetzel-Laville
- © 2016 Daniel Habluetzel-Laville
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.