Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SmartPlaylist is the most advanced playlist generator for iPod/iPhone/iPad with many unique features.
You can combine 21 search rules (comments, rating, play count, last played, etc.) to filter your iTunes music library.
The supported gestures for play/pause, etc. are explained in Menu > Help...
TAB BAR FOR EASY SWITCHING:
● With the tab bar on top you can switch easily between smart playlist A, B, C, D, E or F (+ G on iPad, + V, W, X, Y, Z on iPhone in landscape orientation)
● No need to bother with typing in "meaningful names" -- the rules always tell you what's "inside"
SEARCH IN TEXT FIELDS:
● You can search by Artist, Title, Album, Composer, Genre, Comments, Lyrics and/or iPod-Playlist.
● Search for exact matches (is equal to), for any partial matches (contains) or use wildcards (?/*)
● Use logical operators to unite (OR), intersect (AND) or exclude (NOT) certain songs.
The rule "Genre contains blu OR zz" will give you all your blues and jazz songs in 1 playlist. Quick and simple.
MUSIC BROWSER: (similar to the Column Browser in iTunes)
● Browse your music collection hierarchically by Genres > Composers > Artists > Albums > Titles
● At each level you can pick 1, several or all items to collect the desired sets or narrow down your search
COMBINE WITH POWERFUL NUMERICAL SEARCH CRITERIA:
● Rating (0 to 5 stars)
● Last Played (how many days, weeks, months or years ago)
● Released (how many days, weeks, months or years ago)
● Play Count (played how many times)
● Skip Count (skipped how many times)
● Duration (how many minutes long) - and/or -
● Track Number
● BPM (beats per minute)
● Year (of recording)
● iCloud (is in cloud or not)
You can search for values less than, equal to / from-to (=) or more than the limit you set
"Rating 4 or 5" and "Last Played > 2 years ago" will get your favourite songs not listened to for a long time.
● Make exceptions to the rules by adding or removing individual titles from a list using ⊕⊖ (⊕ include, ⊖ exclude)
UNIQUE MIX OPTIONS:
● Sort at random to get a different mix with each search
● Sort the results by one of the criteria mentioned above (in ascending ◢ or descending ◣ order)
● Sort with multiple criteria, e.g. 1. by Artist, 2. by Rating (per artist), 3. by playCount (per rating)
● Shuffle by title or shuffle by album
● Limit the number of titles per artist or per album
● Limit the list to x minutes, hours or titles
ADVANCED SET OPERATIONS ("Fusion"):
● Merge lists together (e.g. A + B = C)
● Remove all songs belonging to another list (e.g. A - B = C)
● Intersect the results to obtain only the songs common to both lists
FEEL FREE TO DISCOVER YOUR MUSIC COLLECTION:
● Look at the artwork or details of a song while another one is playing in the background
● Create a new smart playlist, while the previous list is still playing in the background (use "Show only")
● Scroll the extensive list view with rating, play count, composer, genre, last played, etc. at a glance
● Look at all the mentioned info in the details view (+ skipCount, albumArtist, releaseDate, etc.)
● See and copy the full length of the title, album name, composer, comments, lyrics, etc.
● Enlarge the cover artwork up to full screen (tap/double-tap)
What's New in Version 8.1
- New playback option: Pause after each song (works only when SmartPlaylist is in the foreground)
- Indicate selected playback options on "Options" button (if there is enough space)
Apple Take Note
The application takes a little while to get used to the controls and you need to read the help documentation to really get the benefits of the app. But well worth the 15 minutes or so. The latest update to iTunes has completely decimated the Smart Playlist functionality (limited sorting options and Live Updating is clunky as hell). For me, this application saved my favorite feature of iTunes. What's even better is that you can use it straight from your devices and don't need to build a smart playlist on your computer. Only drawback is you cannot save playlists to the music player. That just proves that Apple needs to buy out this application and include this functionality with a future iOS update.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 8.1
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Daniel Habluetzel-Laville
- © 2015 Daniel Habluetzel-Laville
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.