Smartr Contacts for iPhone
By Xobni Corp.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What if you had a magic address book that automatically identified the name and contact information for everyone you've ever communicated with?
Smartr Contacts brings you that magic. This free app automatically creates rich profiles for all your contacts, including communication history and updates from Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Life is about people, and Smartr Contacts brings them to you - Automatically.
Featured by Apple in "New and Noteworthy"
Featured by Apple as a "Staff Favorite"
Featured by Apple in "Great Free Apps"
"Best Address Book App for iPhone" - Lifehacker
4 out of 5 stars - Macworld
Now with iCloud support - Bring all your me.com and mac.com email into Smartr Contacts
Note: Me.com, mac.com, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail or Xobni for Outlook is required to use Smartr Contacts.
Key features of Smartr Contacts:
- Integrated. Built for iPhone so you can include your iPhone contact list.
- Automatic. Finds everyone you know from your email, calendar or social networks.
- Personal. Puts a face to every name and email address.
- Insightful. Detects and assigns phone numbers automatically.
- Socially aware. Integrates Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Ranked by importance. Those you email most are at the top and easily accessible.
- Fast. Search by first, last, company name or phone number to find anyone.
- Contextual. View emails and calendar events for each person.
- Customizable. Easily edit any contact or hide them out of view.
- Convenient. SMS, call or email anyone with one click.
Here are some ways you can use Smartr Contacts for your personal and professional life:
- Add contacts on your own by having people email you their contact info.
- Keep track of all the people you've ever communicated with - automatically
- Always know who you're communicating with photos and recent communication history
- See what's up with your top contacts in the home screen's social carousel
- Call, email or SMS someone with a single tap
- Stay up to date with updates from Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- See who you have in common with everyone
- Bring all your contacts together into one place
- Protect your contacts in the cloud, so should you lose your phone, all your contacts are safe and secure
Watch a video about Smartr Contacts: http://vimeo.com/smartr/iphone
Get Pro to connect all your contacts across iPhone and more.
- A Xobni account is required to use this app.
- Me.com, mac.com, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail or Xobni for Outlook is required for Smartr Contacts to work properly.
What's New in Version 1.9.51
Support for iOS7 and some bug fixes.
Shiny, but useless
Ok, useless is a little harsh, but honestly I'm stumped for a more accurate word. I got this app to replace the iPhone contacts app and to be a business networking tool. I deleted the app already because of basic usability
First off when I started the app up it had me sync at least one email account and Facebook. I assumed it would bring in my contact list from the email address and friends contact info. Wrong! It pulled in every single email address from every spammer, every no-reply, every order confirmation in the history of the email. 814 useless contacts later I had a contact list full of garbage! Which lead my to my first discovery:
>>There is no way to bulk delete contacts. There isn't even a particularly easy way to delete a single contact, you have to go into the contact and select edit, and even then it only lets you "hide" the contact. Not helpful.
I managed to clear out the junk by unlinking the email address and then erasing the info on the cloud. I then went to go add in the contacts I was missing (because of the email mess). Second discovery:
>> You cannot add a contact. Really?? If there is a way to do it, they certainly don't make it obvious.
The only way I can think of to add a contact would be to add it in your iPhone contacts and then it would be pulled in. If it's going to force me to use the iPhone contacts app, why should I have this one at all?
Shiny-ness couldn't save this one, I deleted it.
Essential to anyone with contacts
The combination of Smartr and Xobni for outlook is absolutely essential to collecting, storing and finding contacts and emails when you need them. It's essentially a personal search engine across all mail regardless of where I am or what device I am on. And....it works. I have over 6500 contacts from nearly a decade of mail and contacts. I can find people and more importantly old data in mail when I need to. I don't know how I would manage all of this without Smartr. Only reason I give it 4 and not 5 is deduplication is needed.
Wow, what an app
This app lets you see more about your many contacts than you can ever imagine. Knowing all my email, messaging, photo sharing, social media and more between anyone of my contacts at a glance is just wonderful. I highly recommend this app for those who have a lot of contacts and even for those who don't have a lot of contacts.