Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
SmashTunes is a very nice menu bar item that lets you control iTunes as well as Spotify. It displays information about the currently playing song as well and can also display artwork.
SmashTunes also makes your media keys work with iTunes and Spotify better. When you use them for iTunes they will control iTunes. When you use them for Spotify they will control Spotify. Either app will be paused when the other starts playing. No more sound mixing. No more manual stop action of either app is required!
- iTunes and Spotify control from the menu bar
- Song information in the menu bar
- Shortcut key support for all control functions
- Media key support (works around custom Spotify implementation)
- Song ratings
- Direct playlist selection (iTunes only)
What's New in Version 3.0.4
- fixed Spotify related crashes
- updated menu bar icon
- improved display of playlist
- playback of playlists can new be started after iTunes was quit
- the playlist menu is now filled right away
- updated icons
- the message to ask for permission to turn on disability settings was displayed too often
- corrected a problem with 'album artist' display