SMBox is a sophisticated show timing suite for professional stage managers, allowing for a completely customizable show timing experience.
SMBox Features include:
- Ability to store multiple projects or shows
- Simple tap interface is fast, intuitive and user-friendly
- Timestamps to record show start/end times
- Timers can count up to record the length of a scene
- Timers can count down to record the passing of a preset period such as half hour call, etc.
- Timers can display both up and down times, permitting you to compare elapsed time to the countdown time
- Use a Total to add multiple timers together (such as Act 1 + Act 2 = Total). You choose which timers will be added together.
- After you set up your show, use our Show Logic Engine to automate the timing process, leaving you with less taps to do more work!
- Email your scene/show times in an editable format with just a single touch.
SMBox is built by professional stage managers, and we welcome your feedback for new/improved features as well!
So this is how it happened. We were watching the season finale of Game of Thrones and didn't see an error in our code that would've required a radio microscope to notice. You created timestamps and timers. You automated them. You were happy. You closed the app. You came back in and *BOOM* -- Olly stabbed your automations and yelled "For the Watch!" and left your timing session bleeding in the snow.
That bug. It's gone, like Jon Snow (sorry).
Also fixed that rare bug where the app occasionally ordered delivery pizza and left you with the tab. Terribly sorry about that one.
We are prepping a major update now for iOS 11. Standby for that.
Ratings and Reviews
Where have you been all my SM life?
This is your ultimate app for recording show times and totals. You won't find anything so well tailored for the stage manager anywhere else. It includes time stamps for start and end or up and down, timers, and totals of selected times. You can also create a timer with a simultaneous count down AND count up timer for intermission or transitions.
I wouldn't recommend using their email format to send your timings out, but other than that--this app is great. I may even start a second project in the app to record AEA breaks and rehearsal times.
My only question is.. Why name it SMBox when the only feature is time? My SMBox better have more features than that. SMTime is cheesy sounding, but more appropriate. ©SMWatch. Yep. Should've gone with that, my friend.
Really great app!
This app looks good, but the timers themselves are the real feature. The options for configuring mean you can really set your show up the way you want it and it'll just work. It's also great that the app uses dark colors so your iPad won't light you up in the middle of a blackout. Looks like there are more features coming - can't wait to see them.
Great show timing app!
Love the updates in version 2. It's easy to create and customize timers to fit the needs of any show. The logic features make it that much easier to use with the touch of 1 button.
- Backstage Apps Limited
- 44.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2016 by Backstage Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.