With Smiles & Frowns, making rewards charts for kids just got fast and easy!
With our preset boards, it only takes minutes to make a positive behavior tracker plan that positively works. You can even invite your spouse, a relative or your babysitter to join you, making good behavior a team effort.
Whatever your focus – chores, study habits, manners or general behavior – just start with the board you need and make it your own. Or create a board from scratch to make your custom behavior tracker in no time.
Teachers can also use Smiles & Frowns to make individual behavior tracker plans that are easy to manage.
Our APP is also an APPROACH based on our 5 Cs of Positive Reinforcement™: Clarity, Consistency, Collaboration, Consequence and a game-like sense of Challenge. So your plan starts fast – and keeps working.
UNIQUE FEATURES & INNOVATIONS:
• Great preset boards: Start fast with pre-built boards like Around the House, Chores & More, Study Time and Teacher's Helper. Customize them or build your own in no time!
• A unique formula for success: Your kids will earn Smiles, but can also earn Frowns, with the difference between the two creating their rewards-buying power.
• Easy-to-set rewards: Rewards come in four flavors – Money, Time, Treats and Goals – and are easy to create and customize.
• Powerful collaboration: Inviting other parents and guardians to join your board is a snap. and gives kids one set of expectations to follow.
• Automatic board syncing: Smiles & Frowns keeps everyone on the same page by auto syncing boards shared by users. No Dropbox or iCloud needed.
• A clear view of results: Reviewing a child's behavior makes good behavior a great conversation, so a quick review is only a tap away.
• Reports you can share: Need to go over a child's behavior with a teacher or therapist? Now you can easily export a PDF of results to share.
• Quick Notes: Whenever you award a Smile or Frown, you can also add a quick note with details, making reviews more specific and effective.
• Easy Board Management: We make it easy to build different behavior tracker boards to focus on different kinds of behavior and quickly switch between them.
IN APP PURCHASES:
In Smiles & Frowns, boards are where Parents, Guardians and kids work together on positive behavior. Your first board is free, and you can buy new ones to focus on different kinds of behavior or individual plans for different children.
• Individual Boards - After your free board, additional boards can be purchased for just $0.99 if you buy them individually.
• All Boards - If you’d like to explore all of the different preset boards, you can purchase the whole set for just $2.99.
Smiles & Frowns is ad-supported, which allows us to continuing improving and maintaining the app. But we know that some people would rather not see ads at alls. That’s why we offer two subscriptions that provide for an ad-free experience.
• 1-Month Ad Free - This subscription allows you to enjoy Smiles & Frowns without the ads, and renews each month for $0.99.
• 1-Year Ad Free - This subscription offers an even more affordable way to enjoy Smiles & Frowns without the ads, and renews each year for just $7.99.
NOTES: Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Back by Popular Demand! This release follows fast on the heals of our previous update, and restores the “rollover spending smiles” feature. This feature allows you to swipe left on any child’s row and reset the Smile and Frown counts to zero without changing the number of Spending Smiles they’ve earned so far. It’s a great way to give your kids a fresh start and a new challenge every week, every month, or whenever you like... while still letting them save Smiles to spend later. Thanks to our super awesome user KC out there for reaching out to us about it!
Ratings and Reviews
Using this app in the classroom
My 4th grade students like the visual and their parents appreciate it too! They like to compete against themselves to have more smiles than frowns. They haven’t even earned a reward yet, but that’s not even what’s motivating them. They are motivated to have more smiles than frowns to make me and their parents proud. Note: I only use this with 4 of my students who need extra motivation to make better choices.
I plan to start using it with my 5 year old daughter.
App allowed me to customize our board and set up our account, but keeps crashing when I try to change rewards or cash in smiles. Tried updating my IOS but it still didn’t fix the issue.
Update: I did receive an email from one of the app creators, asking for me to explain the crashes, and they’re working with Apple to correct it’s issues. Hope it’s successful, because I really liked how they had the app set up, compared to some of the other behavioral apps out there...
Love the concept
I am having an issue removing a sad face I didn’t mean to give and each time I try to click on the help link, it brings me to the review page. Forcing a review when someone is having a problem is not the way to get the best review. I feel like the interface could be easier to use. It is hard to navigate.
Developer Response ,
We so sorry that you're hit some bumps with Smiles & Frowns, but please believe that we're here to help. We want to earn our reviews, not force them!
We've checked all the button links in the latest update, and everything seems good. But you've inspired us to redesign the help menu a bit so it's a little less crowded. It may be that the buttons have gotten a bit too close together as the options have grown.
Deleting an accidental Smile or Frown award is currently not possible, just because we didn't want users to lose a record of any activity. But we've started exploring that for you, too. We'll look to add that feature in an update soon.
If you're still having troubles reaching us, just shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback means a lot, and we want you to know that we're on it.
Team Smiles & Frowns
- Laws of Attraction LLC
- 46.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Laws of Attraction, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- All Boards $2.99
- New Board $0.99
- Ad-Free - 1 Month $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.