A commercial-free streaming app that offers unlimited access to stunning nature and wildlife documentaries and videos. Start your FREE 30-day trial* now! Only $3.99/month after the trial ends. Refreshed several times a week, you'll never run out of things to discover.
Now available on Apple TV®, iPhone® and iPad®.
1. Download the Smithsonian Earth app
2. Subscribe to Smithsonian Earth for just $3.99/month (after 30-day free trial*) via an in-app purchase using your Apple ID
3. Create your Smithsonian Earth account and start watching!
- Unlimited streaming of high-quality original documentaries and short series
- Nature Scenes -- unnarrated, minimally edited footage that takes you to some of the wildest and most breathtaking places on Earth
- Exclusive originals series and weekly editor's picks
- Ability to watch anytime, anywhere on all supported platforms, including desktop browsers
- Add and play your Favorites from any supported device
- Resume watching videos from wherever you left off on this or any other device
*You will not be charged for the SMITHSONIAN EARTH streaming service during the free trial period (the first 30 days of your subscription). TO CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AND AVOID BEING CHARGED, YOU MUST CANCEL BEFORE THE END OF THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD. To keep your subscription once your trial period is over, you will not have to do anything.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
©2018 SN Digital LLC All rights reserved. Smithsonian Earth is a trademark of Smithsonian Institution. SN Digital LLC is an authorized user. Smithsonian Earth is accessible for viewing solely in the United States and its territories and possessions. Minimum high-speed broadband connection is required for viewing.
Maintenance bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
We’re rather partial to our planet, and not just because it’s the only one we’ve got. Smithsonian Earth takes us to corners of the world we didn’t know existed, with stunning documentaries and short films about exotic animals, fragile ecosystems, and much more. We’re continually delighted by the blend of astounding filmmaking and deep knowledge, inspired by Smithsonian’s renowned museums.
Beautiful documentaries and Amazing wildlife cinematography
Smithsonian has been a world class museum for almost as long as the USA has been a country. The science and education that the institution has provided since its inception in 1846 is incredible. All that knowledge and exploration has translated very well into the videos they produce, from exploring delicate ecosystems to delving into the history of ancient civilizations, they continue to capture thrilling and timely movies and tv shows. This Smithsonian app is a must have for anyone interested in history, nature and science. They have tried to keep up with providing new full length shows for this app, but it seems the process is slow, that would be my only complaint, but there is enough currently available to keep you entertained for quite a while. I’m happy to keep my subscription going, not only to support this great institution, but to satisfy my curiosity about the history, nature, and science in our amazing world.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this amazing feedback! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your subscription! Thank you, as always, for watching Smithsonian Earth!
Bit of a sham for Google Guides.
Well, I was excited to try this app. Got a free trial but because of a website that for some reason can't function in Google Chrome, (couldn't login at all without going to Safari first) I couldn't sign up to use said promo on the site. Therefore I got duped into putting my payment info in and didn't even get the offer specified. No option to use promos in the app either. Not a great first impression.
If you need assistance managing your account, we can help! Please visit http://help.smithsonianearthtv.com where you can submit a request.
- SN Digital LLC
- 82.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, French, Hebrew, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- ©2018 SN Digital L.L.C. All rights reserved. Smithsonian Earth is a trademark of Smithsonian Institution. SN Digital L.L.C. is an authorized user.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.