Smoggy - Air Quality
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Smoggy is the best way to track air quality across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Use your current location, add locations by zip code, or search by city name and Smoggy will find the nearest active air quality station and report the latest values!
- Monitoring over 2,400 air quality stations across North America. Stations are continuously monitored and updated to ensure up-to-date air quality data. Measurements provided by airnow.gov.
- Track the Air Quality Index, Particulate Matter, Ozone and up to 20 other measurements for any location added.
- Track temperature, precipitation, humidity, pressure and uv index for any location added.
- Know the best times to exercise and be outside and when to avoid harmful particulate matter in the air.
- Compare your city. The best and worst locations are listed so you can see where your city's air quality ranks against the competition.
- Track the air quality forecast for any location added. Your location's historical air quality data is weighted using digital filtering and linear interpolation in order to provide the most accurate forecast for tomorrow's AQI rating.
- Today Extension. Easy access for tracking your current and favorite locations' air quality and temperatures using the new Smoggy Today Extension.
- iTunes Store Featured Weather Apps #1 - iTunes Store New & Noteworthy Weather Apps #1
- iTunes Store New & Noteworthy Apps #22
- "Smoggy is a very elegantly designed iPhone app...a powerful tool" - BeautifulPixels.com
- "Nice work on the app, by the way." - My Dad
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Smoggy updates your active location's air quality as infrequently as possible to be as kind to your power as possible. Smoggy can also track manually searched locations if your GPS is switched off!
What's New in Version 1.5.1
- Added iPhone 6/6s support
- Added today view extension for easy access to updates on your favorite locations
- Added a couple thousand air quality monitoring stations
- Added available air quality monitoring support for Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico
- Added support for 20+ airquality measurement types - Added support for lots of extra weather data
- Added support for your current location to be updated via GPS
- Moved everything into one .swift file and named it taylor
Way off on readings
Today app says Fresno at 15. Same app lists worst air in the country and fresno is on the list at 115. Can't trust this app. I may have paid for this app years ago but today I will delete. Real time air quality reports I now get through a website and those are accurate.
Downloaded it. Tried to find my city while being elsewhere. Text is dark grey on black so almost unreadable. Upon selecting the city the app crashed. Useless junk. Want my 99c back.
Use it constantly
I fantasize of moving somewhere away from LA's smog to a city with clean air, but it's not easy to find which one...
Smoggy helps me track my wish list.
(I moved to Portland!)
Love the latest update!