Smoggy - Air Quality
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Smoggy is a feature rich iPhone application to keep track of air quality across the United States. Use your current location, add locations by zip code or search by city name.
- Monitored with over 470 air quality stations. Data is from airnow.gov.
- Keep track of the Air Quality Index, Particulate Matter and Ozone for each location added.
- Know when it is healthy to exercise outside.
- Also shown for each location: current temperature, chance of precipitation and wind direction.
- Compare your city. A list of the cities with the worst air quality is updated every thirty minutes.
- If your city does not have a station, it will report from the nearest available.
- View current and forecasted air quality from added cities.
Alaska, West Virginia and Wyoming have no direct air quality stations. The nearest stations will automatically be selected for you.
- iTunes Store New & Noteworthy Apps #22
- iTunes Store New & Noteworthy Weather Apps #1
- iTunes Store Featured Weather Apps #1
- "Smoggy is a very elegantly designed iPhone app...a powerful tool" - BeautifulPixels.com
- "Nice work on the app, by the way." - My Dad
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- subtle design changes from my right brain
- 64-bit support or as my dad used to say, "double the bits, double the fun. but check all your integer and floating point comparisons first or it will double your nightmares"
This is a really nice app to check on the air quality in your area.
The location accuracy is ALMOST perfect, but if you live in a small town, it will likely show bigger cities near you.
I really like the 'Best Cities' and the 'Worst Cities' charts. It lets you see which cities have better air qualities and which cities don't, as the title suggests. Although, sometimes, it is a bit inaccurate. One time, it showed Tampa, Florida as having an Air Quality Index of 500 something. That is almost worse than some Chinese cities! Then, when I checked back an hour or so later, it showed Tampa, Florida as having and air quality index of 55 (or something like that). But overall, this feature is pretty cool.
And one more thing: If you could add support for Chinese cities, such as Beijing, Tianjin, or Shijiazhuang, it would be awesome!
Overall an amazing app!
Use it constantly
I fantasize of moving somewhere away from LA's smog to a city with clean air, but it's not easy to find which one...
Smoggy helps me track my wish list.
Great AQI app!
I'd love to see push notifications for threshold level changes such as USG to Good, etc.
Also, add maybe a slight forecast and past history graph like how MyCast shows on their dashboard.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 24, 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: welikesmall
- © 2013 welikesmall, inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.