Smooth Talker AAC is a powerful yet easy to use AAC app that allows a series of messages to be recorded and played back by one or two users in many different ways. Ideal for teachers, SLTs, OTs, parents and anybody involved in language development.
One or two buttons are shown on-screen and may be round or square. Buttons can be made to change colour from one message to the next and each button can be replaced with a photo on a message by message basis (direct from the camera or from the gallery). You can also add text to any button or photo.
Any button can be replaced with a Bluetooth switch device such as the Pretorian APPlicator or iSwitch for increased accessibility. This app is also fully accessible via iOS Switch Control.
Fully supported with Help, FAQ and email support.
Choose from the following modes:
• Sequential- Single user mode plays messages sequentially in the order they were recorded.
• Random (with repeats)- Single user mode plays messages in random order and allows repeats. Use a speaking dice, for example.
• Random (no repeats)- Single user mode plays messages in random order without repeats. Ideal for turn-taking games to ensure everybody gets a turn.
• Choice- Uses messages 1 and 2 only to exercise a choice- e.g. ‘Yes’ and ‘No’.
• Conversation- Very powerful feature allows a conversation to take place between two users in strict back-and-forth order no matter how the buttons are tapped. Very useful in teaching turn-taking and the art of conversation.
• Auditory Prompt- Use button 2 to skip through the messages at reduced volume to find the correct response and then use button 1 to play the message in full. Allows a teacher or OT to ‘cue-up’ a message.
• Kinesthetic- Allows the app to be used with Pretorian Kinetic kinesthetic products.
This app also allows the Pretorian Kinetic for iPad hardware to play messages depending on the orientation of Kinetic. For example, record six messages to correspond with photos inserted on each face of a soft play cube into which Kinetic is inserted. See www.pretorianuk.com/kinetic-for-ipad for more details.
Educational institutions can benefit from a 50% discount program with purchasing 20 or more licences through the Apple Volume Purchase Program.
Read more at www.pretorianuk.com/apps/smooth-talker
General app update to take account of operating system changes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.