Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We know you get a warm and fuzzy feeling using SmugMug on your computer, but sometimes you just need some SmugMug love on the run. That’s why we created the SmugMug app. Now when you want to impress your friends, show off to your co-workers, bring your relatives to tears, or share your work with clients—you’ve got your favorite photos in a flash. The SmugMug app is the most beautiful way to view photos on your phone or tablet. Not only that, but uploading photos from your mobile devices and other apps to your SmugMug galleries could not be easier. Sharing is caring, so we made sharing your photos simple too. And let’s not forget about all those videos you like to take. We can handle them too, so give us all you got.
• You can browse all your SmugMug folders and galleries right from the app. Now you can amaze (or annoy) people with your photos from the palm of your hand.
• Upload unlimited photos and videos to your account. That’s right we said unlimited. You got a billion photos? Bring it !
• Save your galleries to your device for offline viewing when you find yourself in a no-interwebs part of the planet...whether that’s the Amazon jungle or the right side of your couch in your San Francisco apartment).
• Mark galleries as favorites for easy, instant access. Let’s face it, not every gallery you visit is shareable or careable, so star the ones you love for a quick hit of “best photos ever!”
• Share photos and videos via SMS, email, Twitter, and Facebook…whether you want your cat photos to go viral or get your latest work in front of your customers in a flash.
• Follow other SmugMug customers. We make it easy to find friends, family, and people whose work you admire. Inspiration is everywhere you look with the SmugMug family of photographers.
• Enable the SmugMug extension to upload from your Camera Roll, SMS messages and other apps. What’s that mean? It means wherever your photos live on your phone or tablet, you can easily move them over to SmugMug. We do the heavy lifting for you.
What's New in Version 3.0.4
If you’re still using passwords like “123456” or “Password” we have one word for you, “REALLY!” Actually two words “STOP NOW!!” It’s 2016 people and the hackers are everywhere. It’s time to protect all your online accounts with the FBI-proof, Mission Impossible style, 256-bit AES encryption of 1Password—which we are excited to announce, is now supported on our SmugMug apps.
Nice interface but way too slow
The SmugMug iOS app does a good job in reformating the site for mobile use, but it is way--too--slow when wanting to quickly show people your latest pictures. Compared to Google Photos or OneDrive or FB, the pics on my SmugMug site take forever, with the four-box-loading-icon flashing for minutes at a time.
Trying to show a friend or family member while waiting for this thing is completely impractical. And, yes, I know you can choose to have local copies of some pics, and this is fine. But it is not practical to do this all the time--in advance.
Somehow Google Photos and OneDrive is able to do it, and they are free. I pay for SmugMug (and overall I like the site/device), but their mobile app needs some mobile improvements.
Great potential but....
The SmugMug website interface is great, but this app? Not so much! Each time I upload a video, the video pops up on the album at least 20 times (after only uploading videos once)! I've been using this app for several months, assuming this was a bug. However, I have had to completely stopped using the app due to this glitch. Great potential, terrible execution. Photo editing within the app would be a nice (and expected) option too.
Other ideas? Automatic upload from camera roll (also surprised this is not an option), a SmugMug SD card that automatically uploads to your SmugMug account (there are SD cards that currently upload directly to your phone, but not to SmugMug).
Great app but just needs a few improvements
Love the desktop version of Smugmug! And also love this app but it keeps closing out on me. Great app, but just needs to upload videos a little faster. Other than that I am very satisfied with it. It's a whole lot better than Photobucket. Been using photobucket since 2006 and I thought I could trust it but it started to corrupt my pictures and videos and I lost them all. Hopefully smugmug won't let me down. I just need an app that I can trust to store my photos and videos. I will give it a chance. So far I'm loving it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 07, 2016
- Version: 3.0.4
- Size: 20.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SmugMug
- © 2010 SmugMug Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.