Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We know you get a warm and fuzzy feeling using SmugMug on your computer, but sometimes you just need some SmugMug love on the run. That’s why we created the SmugMug app. Now when you want to impress your friends, show off to your co-workers, bring your relatives to tears, or share your work with clients—you’ve got your favorite photos in a flash. The SmugMug app is the most beautiful way to view photos on your phone or tablet. Not only that, but uploading photos from your mobile devices and other apps to your SmugMug galleries could not be easier. Sharing is caring, so we made sharing your photos simple too. And let’s not forget about all those videos you like to take. We can handle them too, so give us all you got.
• You can browse all your SmugMug folders and galleries right from the app. Now you can amaze (or annoy) people with your photos from the palm of your hand.
• Upload unlimited photos and videos to your account. That’s right we said unlimited. You got a billion photos? Bring it !
• Save your galleries to your device for offline viewing when you find yourself in a no-interwebs part of the planet...whether that’s the Amazon jungle or the right side of your couch in your San Francisco apartment).
• Mark galleries as favorites for easy, instant access. Let’s face it, not every gallery you visit is shareable or careable, so star the ones you love for a quick hit of “best photos ever!”
• Share photos and videos via SMS, email, Twitter, and Facebook…whether you want your cat photos to go viral or get your latest work in front of your customers in a flash.
• Follow other SmugMug customers. We make it easy to find friends, family, and people whose work you admire. Inspiration is everywhere you look with the SmugMug family of photographers.
• Enable the SmugMug extension to upload from your Camera Roll, SMS messages and other apps. What’s that mean? It means wherever your photos live on your phone or tablet, you can easily move them over to SmugMug. We do the heavy lifting for you.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
We squashed a couple of bugs that were buzzing around 3.0.
Decent offline viewer
I have the app to be able to view my favorite pictures offline. The 3.0.1 update failed for me. The app crashes after launching so I had to uninstall and reinstall. This meant having to download all my offline content again (I have a lot so this takes a lot of time). What a pain. This isn't the first time so my recommendation is to not upgrade unless you want to risk a reinstall for the new features they offer. But once it works, I do enjoy having an offline viewer. In their latest version, they added the ability to view captions which was a long standing feature request of mine. In summary, I am happy with the features but they need to improve quality (upgrade experience).
Another Fail & No Added Value
Two points from a paying pro customer:
Version 3.0 didn't work, so I deleted and reinstalled. Still didn't work. As others have said, galleries load but you can't load the image.
Version 3.0.1 doesn't work, so I deleted and reinstalled. Still doesn't work.
Even if it did work this app doesn't add any real value:
Frankly the only reason to be on SmugMug is the ability to manage protection via watermarks and image size dynamically (the online shopping is finally, after years, a decent experience). Their competition doesn't do watermarking well, if at all. So, why doesn't SmugMug understand that I'd like to be able to download any size, including the original, with or without the watermark, so I can do my own local editing? I would be the only one with such access. This would be functionally equivalent what I can do on the website.
However, all you could ever do with this app is download whatever the default (public) size this on the website, and whatever default (public) watermarking chosen. Ask yourself what value does that add to the owner? None.
I personally couldn't care less that the app is more attractive, or that I can follow friends or family, or other photographers, etc. This isn't Flickr. It's supposed to be an expensive pro showcase.
It was my app I used daily to upload few pics on a daily basis and keep photo diary. After 3.0.1 version update. I am starting to shop for another photo cloud service. This new version will NOT allow you to upload to multiple galleries and you will have to do it one at a time. This new version will start displaying galleries in the alphabetical order, but your new created galleries will be hidden and a weird order and you will have to look for it. This new version will quit on you without a warning and when you will re-launch app all upload queue will be lost and you will have to spend time figuring out what is done and what is not in order to create new upload session. It used to be app of my choice now after this "wonderful" update it is app I hate to use. Unfortunately I have to until I find good replacement for app or for photo cloud as a whole.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 16, 2015
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 20.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SmugMug
- © 2010 SmugMug Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.