Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We know you get a warm and fuzzy feeling using SmugMug on your computer, but sometimes you just need some SmugMug love on the run. That’s why we created the SmugMug app. Now when you want to impress your friends, show off to your co-workers, bring your relatives to tears, or share your work with clients—you’ve got your favorite photos in a flash. The SmugMug app is the most beautiful way to view photos on your phone or tablet. Not only that, but uploading photos from your mobile devices and other apps to your SmugMug galleries could not be easier. Sharing is caring, so we made sharing your photos simple too. And let’s not forget about all those videos you like to take. We can handle them too, so give us all you got.
• You can browse all your SmugMug folders and galleries right from the app. Now you can amaze (or annoy) people with your photos from the palm of your hand.
• Upload unlimited photos and videos to your account. That’s right we said unlimited. You got a billion photos? Bring it !
• Save your galleries to your device for offline viewing when you find yourself in a no-interwebs part of the planet...whether that’s the Amazon jungle or the right side of your couch in your San Francisco apartment).
• Mark galleries as favorites for easy, instant access. Let’s face it, not every gallery you visit is shareable or careable, so star the ones you love for a quick hit of “best photos ever!”
• Share photos and videos via SMS, email, Twitter, and Facebook…whether you want your cat photos to go viral or get your latest work in front of your customers in a flash.
• Follow other SmugMug customers. We make it easy to find friends, family, and people whose work you admire. Inspiration is everywhere you look with the SmugMug family of photographers.
• Enable the SmugMug extension to upload from your Camera Roll, SMS messages and other apps. What’s that mean? It means wherever your photos live on your phone or tablet, you can easily move them over to SmugMug. We do the heavy lifting for you.
What's New in Version 3.1
Uploading—better, faster, stronger, (and more organized!)
• Now you can see the status of each photo in a handy dandy upload queue, including the ones started in the share extension. All aboard the upload train! Choo Choo!
• We also added concurrent uploading so your uploads upload faster. (If you say upload enough times it gets weird TBH)
• Now you can upload multiple galleries at once. Moreover, you can queue up more uploads while you’re already uploading. It’s like an uploading bonanza in this app.
• We also powered up some secret background stuff to make uploading stronger and even more reliable.
Limited features and many glitches
I just began using smugmug. I love the brand, but feel like many time the technical side of things is lacking. The iOS app is a great example.
Convenient access to photos is great, but here's no way to edit galleries or photos (at least that I have found). I downloaded the app to my iPhone to sync with my camera roll. I've realized that there is some magical limit in terms of uploading in one batch. If I try to upload more than that number at a time. The app crashes and requires me to uninstall and reinstall it (killing it doesn't fix it).
This is especially frustrating considering it doesn't allow for bulk selections but instead individually clicking each photo. Adding drag selection or some sort of bulk selection would be nice.
The galleries also seem to be lacking. I started with two galleries. Then in the web app rearranged and added folders and more galleries and it wasn't reflected in the mobile app.
All of this to say. I'll love smugmug once I'm done doing the heavy lifting and it's only small edits. Until then I'll just keep banging my head.
Great look w/ mysterious failures
I really like the clean look and smooth functionality of this app for quickly showing off photos that I've edited and posted earlier. While hats mostly what I do with it, I sometimes want to download to my iPhone for one reason or another, and the app has given me trouble more than once while attempting this. No idea why.
Also wish that I could install it on my mom's iPad, then have galleries I link her to show up in the app rather than Safari, which is clunky for viewing. Those galleries that are "link-only" won't open IN the app unless I'M logged in on her device (which isn't the best solution).
Convenient but with a few kinks
I love Smugmug in general, and can't believe I only just started using the Mobile app. I tend to hoard photos on my iPhone which isn't smart for a few reasons. But Smugmug's app leaves me with no excuses to be more efficient about backing up my photos. The only issues I have are: 1) the app keeps crashing on me, and while it seems like it continues to work on uploading my photos, my confidence is down in terms of whether it successfully added all of them or not.; 2) if you're uploading mass quantities of photos from iPhone it's a huge pain, because you have to individually select each photo. You can't just upload an entire album.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 27, 2016
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 35.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SmugMug
- © 2010 SmugMug Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes