Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We know you get a warm and fuzzy feeling using SmugMug on your computer, but sometimes you just need some SmugMug love on the run. That’s why we created the SmugMug app. Now when you want to impress your friends, show off to your co-workers, bring your relatives to tears, or share your work with clients—you’ve got your favorite photos in a flash. The SmugMug app is the most beautiful way to view photos on your phone or tablet. Not only that, but uploading photos from your mobile devices and other apps to your SmugMug galleries could not be easier. Sharing is caring, so we made sharing your photos simple too. And let’s not forget about all those videos you like to take. We can handle them too, so give us all you got.
• You can browse all your SmugMug folders and galleries right from the app. Now you can amaze (or annoy) people with your photos from the palm of your hand.
• Upload unlimited photos and videos to your account. That’s right we said unlimited. You got a billion photos? Bring it !
• Save your galleries to your device for offline viewing when you find yourself in a no-interwebs part of the planet...whether that’s the Amazon jungle or the right side of your couch in your San Francisco apartment).
• Mark galleries as favorites for easy, instant access. Let’s face it, not every gallery you visit is shareable or careable, so star the ones you love for a quick hit of “best photos ever!”
• Share photos and videos via SMS, email, Twitter, and Facebook…whether you want your cat photos to go viral or get your latest work in front of your customers in a flash.
• Follow other SmugMug customers. We make it easy to find friends, family, and people whose work you admire. Inspiration is everywhere you look with the SmugMug family of photographers.
• Enable the SmugMug extension to upload from your Camera Roll, SMS messages and other apps. What’s that mean? It means wherever your photos live on your phone or tablet, you can easily move them over to SmugMug. We do the heavy lifting for you.
What's New in Version 3.0.5
We noticed that some photos, in rare occasions, were being naughty and failing to upload. We gave them a time-out and now they are all on their best behavior, uploading like champs.
iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.1 - Barely functional. Have had to restart phone and reinstall app due to repeated crashes. DO NOT attempt to multitask, switch to another app, or navigate away from the app or it will crash. It will crash if you try to Continue Browsing while uploading. If it crashes you will have to restart your phone or reinstall the app, because it will no longer work. Speaking of no longer working, I'm not sure the quality of service yet from this company because I'm a new user, but someone on the development team would no longer be working at the company if I had any say in it. This is terrible, it looks like these things have been issue for a while now, and for the life of me I can't figure why they would even leave the app up for use. A customer lost because of a missing service is at least one that may circle back around if your product is good enough. A customer lost out of frustration or disappointment is one lost forever. Such a shame, so much potential.
I use SmugMug primarily for work. I lob the flexibility and compatibility of and app with the website. I can upload my DSLR pictures from my computer and upload mobile pictures to the same album. The privacy settings are also quick and easy to use when making an album, I chose my privacy settings and then where or not I want a watermark. I can upload to the same album a million times and not have to worry about it, the watermark and privacy settings are already set!
SmugMug: thanks for keeping my picture taking and uploading simple, organized and easy-to-use!
Needs more tools and fewer bugs
While the layout is pretty, functionality isn't the greatest.
Not being able to edit gallery settings, or pricing from the mobile app is a huge detractor. The app's only useful function is to show off galleries once they have been completed using the tools on the actual website.
Unfortunately even the one thing that it is useful for can present obstacles at times. When reorienting to landscape view while already viewing a photo the screen a different image from the gallery than you were previously viewing will appear randomly, and when swiping through individual photos the order will skip. Also some images will at times appear to be very low resolution in a gallery, and when downloaded to my device will still look terrible. While these issues are intermittent, they do happen often.
If functionality could be brought up to the level of the app's appearance, and the tools to manage gallery settings and pricing were available it would be a 4 or 5 star app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: May 09, 2016
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 20.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SmugMug
- © 2010 SmugMug Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.