Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We know you get a warm and fuzzy feeling using SmugMug on your computer, but sometimes you just need some SmugMug love on the run. That’s why we created the SmugMug app. Now when you want to impress your friends, show off to your co-workers, bring your relatives to tears, or share your work with clients—you’ve got your favorite photos in a flash. The SmugMug app is the most beautiful way to view photos on your phone or tablet. Not only that, but uploading photos from your mobile devices and other apps to your SmugMug galleries could not be easier. Sharing is caring, so we made sharing your photos simple too. And let’s not forget about all those videos you like to take. We can handle them too, so give us all you got.
• You can browse all your SmugMug folders and galleries right from the app. Now you can amaze (or annoy) people with your photos from the palm of your hand.
• Upload unlimited photos and videos to your account. That’s right we said unlimited. You got a billion photos? Bring it !
• Save your galleries to your device for offline viewing when you find yourself in a no-interwebs part of the planet...whether that’s the Amazon jungle or the right side of your couch in your San Francisco apartment).
• Mark galleries as favorites for easy, instant access. Let’s face it, not every gallery you visit is shareable or careable, so star the ones you love for a quick hit of “best photos ever!”
• Share photos and videos via SMS, email, Twitter, and Facebook…whether you want your cat photos to go viral or get your latest work in front of your customers in a flash.
• Follow other SmugMug customers. We make it easy to find friends, family, and people whose work you admire. Inspiration is everywhere you look with the SmugMug family of photographers.
• Enable the SmugMug extension to upload from your Camera Roll, SMS messages and other apps. What’s that mean? It means wherever your photos live on your phone or tablet, you can easily move them over to SmugMug. We do the heavy lifting for you.
What's New in Version 3.0.5
We noticed that some photos, in rare occasions, were being naughty and failing to upload. We gave them a time-out and now they are all on their best behavior, uploading like champs.
This Is A Terrible App
I just payed for a month of service with Smug Mug but I won't be renewing. It's possible that the web service works beautifully, but if, like me, you would mostly be using Smug Mug for the pictures on your phone, there are free options that will work beautifully for you such as simply uploading to Shutterfly or One Drive. Shoebox is another favorite of mine that offers a free plan and the layout is beautiful. The problem with the Smug Mug app is that it's dull and lifeless. Also, if you download your pictures from Smug Mug back to your phone like I just did when I quickly realized this wasn't where I want to store my photos, they come out sideways! That means I have to re~orient 54 photos! You also don't have an option to select all photos to download at once ~ I had to put all 54 photos back on my phone one~by~one! I also had to do that twice with many of the photos because they wouldn't download the first time! Another thing I noticed is that my photos upload with poor resolution. :( So, if like me, your photos are very precious to you, I highly recommend the 3 options I listed above. The Walgreens app works beautifully, too. I can tell the people who work for Smug Mug are very dedicated, but I don't feel that a lot of time or care has been put into the app.
iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.1 - Barely functional. Have had to restart phone and reinstall app due to repeated crashes. DO NOT attempt to multitask, switch to another app, or navigate away from the app or it will crash. It will crash if you try to Continue Browsing while uploading. If it crashes you will have to restart your phone or reinstall the app, because it will no longer work. Speaking of no longer working, I'm not sure the quality of service yet from this company because I'm a new user, but someone on the development team would no longer be working at the company if I had any say in it. This is terrible, it looks like these things have been issue for a while now, and for the life of me I can't figure why they would even leave the app up for use. A customer lost because of a missing service is at least one that may circle back around if your product is good enough. A customer lost out of frustration or disappointment is one lost forever. Such a shame, so much potential.
I use SmugMug primarily for work. I lob the flexibility and compatibility of and app with the website. I can upload my DSLR pictures from my computer and upload mobile pictures to the same album. The privacy settings are also quick and easy to use when making an album, I chose my privacy settings and then where or not I want a watermark. I can upload to the same album a million times and not have to worry about it, the watermark and privacy settings are already set!
SmugMug: thanks for keeping my picture taking and uploading simple, organized and easy-to-use!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: May 09, 2016
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 35.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SmugMug
- © 2010 SmugMug Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.