We know you get a warm and fuzzy feeling using SmugMug on your computer, but sometimes you just need some SmugMug love on the run. That’s why we created the SmugMug app. Now when you want to impress your friends, show off to your co-workers, bring your relatives to tears, or share your work with clients—you’ve got your favorite photos in a flash. The SmugMug app is the most beautiful way to view photos on your phone or tablet. Not only that, but uploading photos from your mobile devices and other apps to your SmugMug galleries could not be easier. Sharing is caring, so we made sharing your photos simple too. And let’s not forget about all those videos you like to take. We can handle them too, so give us all you got.
• You can browse all your SmugMug folders and galleries right from the app. Now you can amaze (or annoy) people with your photos from the palm of your hand.
• Upload unlimited photos and videos to your account. That’s right we said unlimited. You got a billion photos? Bring it!
• Save your galleries to your device for offline viewing when you find yourself in a no-interwebs part of the planet...whether that’s the Amazon jungle or the right side of your couch in your San Francisco apartment).
• Mark galleries as favorites for easy, instant access. Let’s face it, not every gallery you visit is shareable or careable, so star the ones you love for a quick hit of “best photos ever!”
• Share photos and videos via SMS, email, Twitter, and Facebook…whether you want your cat photos to go viral or get your latest work in front of your customers in a flash.
• Find your photos, galleries and folders easily using Search.
• Follow other SmugMug customers. We make it easy to find friends, family, and people whose work you admire. Inspiration is everywhere you look with the SmugMug family of photographers.
• Enable the SmugMug extension to upload from your Camera Roll, SMS messages and other apps. What’s that mean? It means wherever your photos live on your phone or tablet, you can easily move them over to SmugMug. We do the heavy lifting for you.
Fixed a pesky bug.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been dealing with various apps including this one for 6 years now. None of them offered an easy way to upload (backup) my photos iPad and iPhone to smugmug. I did not need a sync app, I needed a way to back up the photos I didnt want to sync.
This 2018 updated app is exactly what I need. I manage 2 smugmug accounts- one is personal and one is for a non-profit. I use my iPhone to take pictures for both accounts and I get emailed photos on my iPhone and iPad that apply to one or both accounts.
With this app update I can switch log-ins quickly. I can select a gallery and directly upload images in seconds. I can create a new gallery. I can change gallery settings. I can add photos to both smug mug accounts. I can delete photos. I can download selected photos to either device. I can show entire galleries or a single photo when I need to.
If you need an app that allows backup and organization of your photos in smugmug then this app fits the bill.
Large files freezing on upload
I have been trying to upload photos from a recent Central America trip. Three times the upload has stalled at approximately 2/3 completion. I made the suggested changes to my settings and the problem remains. Reading discussions on this topic, I see it’s a continuing problem. What a waste of time!
I tried again another day and the large file (number of photos) froze again about 2/3 of the way. This time I was able to exit, determine the number of the last photo accepted, and continue uploading from that point. Success!
I really like everything about Smugmug but found that exercise frustrating. Finding a work around leads me to updating my review to a more positive one.
We hate hearing that your photos won’t upload. When you say large files, do you mean a large *number* of photos, or their actual file size is large? We’ve been hard at work squashing all the uploading issues (and you’ll see that we solved the issues for most of our customers), so any additional information so we can continue fixing this issue for you, would be very helpful!
Great app for a great service.
I'm so glad I made the switch to smugmug years ago. I use it both personally and professionally and it has always worked great for me. The app has been a great addition, is my favorite image viewer, and has only been getting better in functionality.
Feature requests: because I have two accounts, I wish I could log into each and swap between them without having to log out and in each time.. and if there were a few more gallery settings available, like cover image, shopping, download buttons, or esp quick settings.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.