By Peter Borg Apps AB
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
(Please note that if you are using OS X Mountain Lion you can get Smultron 5 and if you are using OS X 10.9 Mavericks you can get Smultron 6 instead.)
”Smultron is a capable, inexpensive, and easy-to-use text editor” – Macworld
Smultron is what your text needs. It is a text editor for the rest of us which is both easy to use and elegant but still very powerful. With it you can easily write and edit unformatted text.
Nowadays we want access to and to be able change our information from all our devices all the time without any hassle. And with Smultron 4 you can do that. You can for instance start work on some text on your iPad at home, polish it at work on your Mac and check it one last time on your iPhone on the go. You can now get Smultron for your iPhone and iPad and share documents over iCloud.
• You can quickly write short or long pieces of text
• You can quickly edit a web page, to-do list, script, novel or any kind of text
• You have all your open documents easily accessible
• You can store your documents on iCloud and access them on all your Macs and iPhones and iPads with Smultron for iOS
• You can easily find what you are looking for in many different documents
• Smultron does not complicate things and you can directly start to write or edit text
• For the more advanced users Smultron is a fully featured text editor with syntax coloring for over 90 languages, regular expressions, commands, snippets, line numbers and many, many more features
Major changes in version 4:
• Easier and more elegant
• A new more flexible and improved way of handling your open documents
• Resume – Smultron will reopen right were you last left off
• Auto save – you don’t need to think about saving any more, Smultron will take care of that for you
• Versions – you can easily look at previous versions of your text and also restore to any earlier version
• Easier to find what you are looking for in documents
• Improved full screen experience
What's New in Version 4.3.1
• Addresses a possible issue where it could become unresponsive when moving a document to iCloud
• Better handling of a possible issue if the default font has been turned off or removed from the system
• Added Scheme syntax definition
• Added CUDA syntax definition (with help from Daniel Salles Chevitarese)
• Some small improvements to various syntax definitions
• Some other small fixes
I purchased this application. Purchase means there should be periodic updates, not another version (which, btw, also needs to be purchased). If you want to become like a corporate entity, making $$$, at least learn to be competitive. This software hasn't been updated for almost a year. You have moved your entire focus to version 5. I bet the dev doesn't even read reviews here anymore. Poor, poor application and terrible support. I will NOT purchase version 5 even if I upgrade to ML. I do not mind paying more for a better software.
Need tabs option + has bugs
Please add a tabs option like in the older version.
Now I need to pay for improvements and bug fixes through Smultron 5?! The developer should be able to conditionally enable features based on OS version instead of releasing new paid versions.
I loved version 3 but taking away the ability to have all open documents in a single window with tab access is a deal breaker for me. The developer says that's the way Apple does it, but this just doesn't cut it for a development app. This developer does nice work, but this is a deal breaker and there's no way around it. I continue to use Komodo.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 26, 2012
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Languages: English, Swedish
- Seller: Peter Borg Apps AB
- © 2004-2012 Peter Borg Apps AB
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.2 or later, 64-bit processor