By Peter Borg Apps AB
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
(Please note that if you are using a later macOS than 10.9 you can get a later version of Smultron with more features.)
Smultron 6 is an elegant and powerful text editor that is easy to use.
Use Smultron 6 to create and edit any text document - everything from a web page, a script, a list, to every kind of text or code.
• It is very easy to begin with Smultron 6 as it is designed to be intuitive to use
• Edit your text with many helpful tools
• All your open documents are easily accessible
• Use Smultron 6 in your own language as it is translated into many languages
• Store your documents in iCloud and access them on all your Macs, iPhones and iPads
• It has all the powerful features you want when you need them - like syntax colors for 100 code languages, regular expressions, commands, text snippets, text folding, line numbers and many more
The new Smultron 6 has many improvements and new features:
• It is now possible to merge all open documents windows into one single window
• Use different themes and change the syntax colors
• iCloud sync for commands, text snippets and themes
• Updated for macOS 10.9 Mavericks
• Change the file extensions used for syntax definitions
• Better and easier way to see and switch between open documents
• New syntax definitions: Sass/SCSS, Groovy, Go, Make, YAML
• Many improvements to other syntax definitions
• Many other improvements and bug fixes from earlier versions
What's New in Version 6.0.11
• Some small changes for Yosemite (get Smultron 7 for many new features and full Yosemite support)
Poor user support
Instead of enhancing version 6 the developer released a new, paid versions of Smultron. A couple of bug fixes were released for 6 but any real improvement will have to be paid for by purchasing version 7. I’ve bought *a lot* of software from Apple’s app stores without complaint. Developers should be paid for good, quality software, but this is ridiculous.
Have to pay for upgrades
Really annoying that every new version costs another $4.99, especially as the updates don’t seem to add any substantial features (it’s a glorified text editor, after all…what more can there be to add?).
Not Complling and Tired of Paying
Not a very compelling editor. Works, but was more stable when it was free. Compared to Chocolat, I’d go with the latter. Getting tired of having to buy Smultron over and over.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 17, 2015
- Version: 6.0.11
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Peter Borg Apps AB
- Copyright © 2004-2014 Peter Borg Apps AB
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor