By Peter Borg Apps AB
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
(Please note that if you are using a later macOS than 10.10 you can get a later version of Smultron with more features.)
Smultron 7 is an elegant and powerful text editor that is easy to use.
Use Smultron 7 to create or edit any text document. Everything from a note, a web page, or a script to every single piece of text or code.
• It is easy to begin using Smultron 7 as it is designed to be very intuitive
• Edit your text with many helpful tools
• You have access to many powerful text tools
• All your open documents are easily accessible
• Use Smultron 7 in your own language as it is translated into many languages
• Store your documents in iCloud and access them on all your Macs
• It has all the features you want when you need them - like syntax colors for 110 code languages, regular expressions, commands, text snippets, text folding, line numbers and many more
The new Smultron 7 has many new features and improvements:
• The best ever Smultron and one of the biggest Smultron updates ever
• Added a new document list
• A new improved tab bar
• An optional quick look preview panel for each document
• Better and faster syntax coloring
• Search multiple files in a folder on disk
• New syntax support for: Arduino, Clojure, Final Cut Pro XML, Fountain, Hack, Notation3, Processing, Rust, Strings, Swift, Turtle, XLIFF, XQuery, Zimbu
• Print line numbers
• Improved accessibility support
• Updated for macOS Yosemite 10.10
• Many, many other improvements like for instance better contextual menus and many more toolbar icons
• Many bug fixes
What's New in Version 7.1.4
• Some small updates for macOS El Capitan 10.11 (get the new Smultron 8 for a full update for El Capitan)
• Bug fixes
Abandoned (turning into yearly $10 subscription)
As has become quite the unfortunate trend, here’s yet another developer who uses an OS upgrade as an excuse to charge money.
Sure, it’s relatively small ($10 / year at this point) but the number of apps doing this is troubling, and they add up.
This is not the texteditor you’re looking for. Smultron 8 is now released, and I’m sure this time next year, it too will be abandoned.
Very disappointing that this has become a trend. Developers shouldn’t use OS updates as an excuse to double and triple and quadruple dip. The costs are adding up.
A once-robust tool now crashes when you try to select multiple paragraphs and delete them; it gets incredibly slow on a modern computer when line-wrapping is enabled; opening ten or more documents simultaneously is asking for a crash; and its annual "new versions" seem to be cosmetic. I am disappointed by Smultron's decline.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 21, 2015
- Version: 7.1.4
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Peter Borg Apps AB
- Copyright © 2004-2015 Peter Borg Apps AB
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor