This app features more than 150 color photographs and descriptions of the 37 non-venomous and venomous snakes found in North Carolina. Additionally, it provides information about the important roles snakes play in the state’s ecosystems, provides information on snake conservation efforts, provides helpful information regarding snakebite and answers frequently asked questions, such as “Do snakes chase people?” and “Are snakes slimy?”
This app is based on the book A Guide to the Snakes of North Carolina.
• Identify all 37 species of snakes with in-depth descriptions including information on diet/feeding, habitat/range, reproduction and miscellaneous facts.
• Scroll through multiple images of each species.
• Geographic range map of each species with county boundaries.
• Search for species by both common name and scientific name.
• Information about what to do if bitten by a venomous snake.
- Dynamic Type! Snakes of NC now supports Dynamic Type, so whatever font size you have selected on your device will be the font size that Snakes uses.
- Good Looks! Snakes of NC got some upgraded looks to make everything a little easier on the eyes.
Ratings and Reviews
Informative and well put together
As a landscaper with a curiosity for herpetology I've gotten a lot of use out of this app. Being able to Identify snakes on the go helps me stay safe and relocate the ones that aren't dangerous so my mowers don't kill them. I don't kill poisonous ones either I just avoid the ones I see which is very rare.
I've used this app many times!
The Davidson College Herpetological Lab has done it again. This is an excellent work suitable for enthusiasts of all levels. This resource is amazing and I truly appreciate all the work that has been done in bringing it to fruition. My new favorite app for sure!
- Christian Hatch
- 30.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2017. App developed by Christian Hatch, Cyrus Bahram, and Patrick Devlin. Content by Michael E. Dorcas
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.