This app lets you connect wirelessly to a KeyMission 360 or KeyMission 170 to easily shoot/record, import, and change settings remotely. The app lets you edit images and movies as well.
Supported Digital Cameras as of July 2017
KeyMission 360, KeyMission 170
Note: Before using the app, update the camera firmware to the latest version. Visit the Nikon Download Center to get information on and download the latest firmware.
Note: For cameras other than those listed above, check "SnapBridge" and "Wireless Mobile Utility."
- Once the camera is paired with your iOS device, new photos can be downloaded automatically.
- Movies and still images stored on the camera can be viewed (streaming playback).
- When connected to a KeyMission 360, touch operations can be used to move the viewpoint freely and view the image at any location.
- Simple editing of movies taken by the camera can be performed.
- Camera settings can be changed remotely from an iOS device.
- Photos can be uploaded automatically to NIKON IMAGE SPACE (see Note 1 below).
- The camera can be operated from an iOS device to shoot and upload selected images.
- Photos downloaded to an iOS device can be viewed or shared via e-mail or social media.
- Download location data to the camera (Note 2) or set the camera clock to the time reported by the smart device.
- Receive notifications of firmware updates for paired cameras.
iOS 9.3, iOS 10.3, or iOS 11.2
The camera firmware must be updated to ensure compatibility with iOS 10.2.
iPhone 5 or later, fourth-generation iPad or later
Bluetooth 4.0 or later
There is no guarantee that this app will run on all devices.
Updating to Version 1.1
- Auto upload is now off by default.
- You will no longer be able to use auto upload to upload images at the original size.
- Note 1: Uploading photos to NIKON IMAGE SPACE requires a Nikon ID.
- Users can register for a Nikon ID using this app.
- Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when using this app.
- The default Wi-Fi password is "NikonKeyMission".
- Movies can be downloaded by switching to Wi-Fi and selecting the files manually. Download is not available with AVI files.
- 4K UHD movie upload and playback are not supported on the iPhone 5 and some other devices.
- The app can connect to only one camera at a time.
- The app may not perform as expected depending on your environment and network conditions.
- An iOS device with a display resolution of WVGA (960 x 540 pixels) or better is required.
- The app requires 100 MB or more of free memory on the iOS device.
- Note 2: Operation not guaranteed on devices without GPS.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Using the App
For more information, use the app "Instructions" (online help) option.
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc in the United States and other countries.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
All other tradenames mentioned in this document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Updated the Nikon ID sign-up Privacy Notice.
Ratings and Reviews
Keymission 360 rip-off
The lowest star I can give is 1 and this camera and app does not deserve a star. I passed up buying the Theta V 360 only because of the Nikon brand name and I was sooooo wrong. I currently have a Keymission 360 paperweight sitting on my desk collecting dust because this camera is not useable (camera is not broken or have any physical damages). The only thing that’s broken is my trust in Nikon for releasing this failure. I think Nikon owes ALL Keymission owners a refund and an apology.
Bad app, decent camera
The app has been laden with bugs from the beginning, and still does not appear to work reliably with the newest iOS updates. But, the camera is good. Seriously, all Nikon has to do is spend a little time on this app... come on... pretty please?
Nikon must be killing this product
Don’t unpack this camera-return it. Nikon’s lax attitude and poor communication regarding problems with the app/wifi makes me think their commitment to the product is dead.
- NIKON CORPORATION
- 60.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Nikon Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.