By Nikon Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With the SnapBridge app, downloading photos from Nikon cameras is easy.
Supported Digital Cameras as of September 2017
D850, D500, D7500, D5600, D3400, COOLPIX A900, A300, B700, B500, W300, W100, KeyMission 80
The foregoing may include models not available in some regions.
Camera firmware updates may be required.
The following cameras require firmware updates before they can be used with iOS 10.2.
D500, D5600, D3400, COOLPIX A900, B700, W100, KeyMission 80
The following camera firmware updates are now available from the Nikon Download Center:
D500, D5600, D3400, COOLPIX A900, B700, W100, KeyMission 80
Use a computer to download the latest camera firmware from the Nikon Download Center.
- Once the camera is paired with your smart device, new photos can be downloaded automatically.
- Photos can be uploaded automatically to NIKON IMAGE SPACE (see Note 1 below).
- Control the camera remotely and take, view, and download photos.
- View downloaded photos or share them via e-mail or social media.
- Add photo info or text to uploaded photos.
- Download location data to the camera (Note 2) or set the camera clock to the time reported by the smart device.
- Receive notifications of firmware updates for paired cameras.
iOS 8.4, iOS 9.3, iOS 10.3
iPhone 5 or later, fourth-generation iPad or later
Bluetooth 4.0 or later
There is no guarantee that this app will run on all devices.
- Note 1: Uploading photos to NIKON IMAGE SPACE requires a Nikon ID.
- Users can register for a Nikon ID using this app.
- Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when using this app.
- Remote movie recording is not supported.
- Movies can be downloaded by switching to Wi-Fi and selecting the files manually.
- Upload/download of AVI and interlaced movies is not supported.
- 4K UHD movies transfer and playback are not supported on some devices.
- The app can connect to only one camera at a time.
- Remote photography and movie download are available only if the camera has Wi-Fi.
- Keep the app displayed while using Wi-Fi to download selected pictures. Pictures cannot be downloaded while the app is running in the background.
- The app may not perform as expected depending on your environment and network conditions.
- Note 2: Operation not guaranteed on devices without GPS.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Using the App
For more information, use the app "Instructions" (online help) option.
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc in the United States and other countries.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
All other tradenames mentioned in this document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
What's New in Version 1.3.0
Added the following to the list of supported digital cameras:
D850, D7500, COOLPIX W300
Made some changes to the user interface and messages.
Fixed a minor bug.
Worst app in App Store
Real review from recent purchaser of Nikon D3400. For quick summary, this app is trash! Nikon doesn't seem to care or listen to the negative comments about this app. The camera is great, but the selling point on this camera is the ability to connect to your phone with Bluetooth. The app is almost impossible to connect with my iPhone 6s Plus. Initially I was able to connect my phone to the snap bridge app, but after my 1st connection, every attempt to connect has failed. So, the camera does not perform as advertised. Luckily I purchased mine from Costco, so I will be returning it As soon as I return to the USA. I had hoped to share pictures from my vacation, but I will have to wait until I return home and can download to my computer. Thanks Nikon for the stress you caused me on my vacation. I will tell anyone who will listen to steer clear of this app and this camera due to the terrible frustration it will surely cause them. Hopefully a new Cannon camera will perform as advertised! If you are about to download this app, and have purchased a new D3400, return it immediately and buy a camera with built in wifi and avoid the frustration everyone is having with this combination.
It sounds as though Nikon doesn’t bother to read reviews so I’m likely wasting my breath, but this is so awful I feel compelled to review. I had a D3400 and used the Nikon WMU app with the external “WiFi” device to transfer pics. It was functional. I recently upgraded to a D7500 with the internal WiFi, therefore forcing me to utilize this app - it’s complete and utter trash. It took me nearly 45 minutes to finally connect the first time, and after 30 minutes the app transferred only half of the requested pics before dropping. If you move out of the app whatsoever, or move around within it, it completely drops your camera WiFi connection. It’s then back to Settings I go. And half the time it says it’s unable to connect even though the devices are sitting next to one another. If I could use the external device with WMU I would, but the external device doesn’t fit. I can’t wait until someone figures out a work around. An insanely expensive camera (which has beautiful quality), with trash WiFi capabilities because of a trash app. Huge miss for Nikon.
It seems like most people are using this wrong.
I connected my iphone6 via Bluetooth. I then turned it on remote wifi mode. I didn't have any problems connecting. I however was surprised that the camera puts out its own wifi signal, and that I don't have to access it on my personal wifi network. I think most people are trying to do things via just Bluetooth and maybe that is why they are having problems. The Bluetooth is a bit temperamental about which button on which device you press first. Once I did it in the right order it connected easily. I'm super excited about being able to use my phone as the viewing screen. I cannot be in my photos without having to run and make it in time for a timed photo. Super cool! I have a Nikon B500.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 01, 2017
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 18.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: NIKON CORPORATION
- © 2017 Nikon Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.