Supported Digital Cameras as of September 2018
Z 7, Z 6, D850, D500, D7500, D5600, D3500, D3400, COOLPIX P1000, A900, A300, B700, B500, W300, W100, KeyMission 80
The foregoing may include models not available in some regions.
Be sure to update the camera firmware to the latest version.
Use a computer to download the latest camera firmware from the Nikon Download Center.
- Once the camera is paired with your smart device, new photos can be downloaded automatically.
- Adjust camera settings and take photos.
- View the pictures on and download photos from the camera.
- Use the app to pair the device with up to five cameras.
- Automatically upload pictures taken with the camera to NIKON IMAGE SPACE (Note 1).
- View downloaded photos or share them via e-mail or social media.
- Add photo info or text to uploaded photos.
- Download location data to the camera (Note 2) or set the camera clock to the time reported by the smart device.
- Receive notifications of firmware updates for paired cameras.
iOS 10.3, iOS 11.4, iOS 12.1
iPhone 5 or later, fourth-generation iPad or later, iPhone X
Bluetooth 4.0 or later
There is no guarantee that this app will run on all devices.
Updating to Version 2
Images downloaded to the smart device with version 1.x will no longer be displayed in the Gallery after you upgrade to version 2, but can be viewed in the “Photos” app provided with the smart device.
- Note 1: Upload to NIKON IMAGE SPACE requires a Nikon ID.
- Note 2: The GPS function runs continuously in the background, increasing the drain on the battery. The drain on the battery can be reduced by choosing power-saving mode. This feature is not recommended for use with devices not equipped with GPS.
- If you are unable to download images or connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi after pairing, try one or more of the following solutions:
- Turn the paired camera off and then on again.
- Switch tabs in SnapBridge.
- Exit and relaunch SnapBridge.
- Users can register for a Nikon ID using this app.
- Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when using this app.
- Remote movie recording is not supported on some cameras.
- Movies can be downloaded by switching to Wi-Fi and selecting the files manually.
- Upload/download of AVI and interlaced movies is not supported.
- 4K UHD movies transfer and playback are not supported on some devices.
- Remote photography and movie download are available only if the camera has Wi-Fi.
- Keep the app displayed in the foreground when downloading images from the camera via Wi-Fi. Download is not available when the app is running in the background.
- The app may not perform as expected depending on your environment and network conditions.
Using the App
For more information, use the app “Help” option.
Added support for iOS 12.1.
We look forward to making still more improvements based on your feedback!
Notice: Customers who plan to use the “synchronize location data” feature with iOS 11 should select “Always Allow” in the location permissions dialog displayed when the app is launched for the first time. This option can also be accessed by selecting “Settings” > “SnapBridge” > “Location” on your iOS device.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't work with the flagship Nikon D850 or anything else
Really, Nikon? WMU works with the low end amateur cameras. Consistently. But this abysmal failure doesn't work at all. Why is it that Sony can consistently deliver connectivity, but Nikon can't offer a reasonable solution for their top of the line camera, or any other (I also have the D7500) body. It sometimes worked with version 1 of your software, requiring forgetting/deleting profile EVERY time, then signing up again each time to transfer 1-2 images. REALLY?!? What 75-year-old, out-of-touch engineer thinks this is a workable solution for a modern professional who is charged with social media duties? Now version 2 of this software just hangs and won't connect at all. Calling Nikon tech support doesn't lead to any solutions. As an NPS member, I'm embarrassed by this incredible blunder and complete failure. Wait for version 3 and don't buy a Nikon body until they can fix this, something that every other company can do.
EDIT: With the latest update, snap bridge actually works the way it is supposed to. I have to completely change my review, as it actually works as promised, making the D850 the perfect camera for professionals! Took them a year, but someone is listening!
Just like all the other reviews- App Doesn’t work!
Worked great for about a week but now I can not get the auto transfer to connect. I have disconnected, forgotten the devices all both camera and phone, deleted the app and re-downloaded, resetting all settings on the camera. I even tried waiting a day and doing everything all over again in case it needed time to reboot. I’ve tried disconnecting everything with my iPhone and trying to set up with my iPad but that does not transfer either. Nothing will work. I can hit the manual download option and it pulls up all of the pictures but then takes about 20 minutes to download just one picture. I’ve only had this camera for about a week so maybe I can get lucky and return it and try to find something that will actually work like it is supposed to! Very frustrated because I have wasted hours trying to get this to work. Also not helpful that there is literally nowhere to submit questions to get help with the app. Only an option to submit a comment where they can not respond back to you. I’ve never left a review on anything before but this was just so beyond irritating. Also annoying that there have been plenty of complaints with no solutions.
Not ready for users
This app has been quite a disappointment to me. It has a poor handshake between the app and the camera and poor communication with the user makes it difficult to use. It is difficult to establish a connection and keep it established. Took a while to figure out that a good Bluetooth connection is necessary to establish the wireless connection (?) and getting the Bluetooth connection running can be problematic. Also, the camera has a habit of going to sleep in the middle of the picture transfers and you have to start all over again.
And the user interface needs work too. If you have more than a few pictures on your camera and you are looking for what you should download as a delta from what you already have, photos are displayed in the app download tab in a confusing order, with new photos in the middle of old photos. You have to see and recognize what you already have downloaded and select your new photos from out of the middle of the old photos. If they are similar in subject, it can be difficult to figure out what is new.
All in all, seems like this app was released before it was ready.
- NIKON CORPORATION
- 104.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Nikon Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.