A powerful yet simple to use app to display your iOS photos, music and videos on Chromecast devices. Browse your iOS photos and videos, tap to cast them to your tv. Play a queue of music tracks while photos are displayed.
SnapCaster includes many useful features in a straightforward, intuitive interface : connect to the Chromecast, tap on a photo, then
- Start a slideshow with a customizable interval and photo order.
- Browse photo albums, collections and moments.
- Search for photos by date or title of moments.
- Re-discover and cast photos from the past with the Discover view.
- Setup a queue of music tracks from your iOS music library. Play alongside the photos, control the music volume, pause/resume the playback and seek within tracks.
- Add, remove and rearrange tracks in the music queue as the music is playing.
- Cast iTunes music videos.
- Zoom in on regions of your photos and cast just the zoomed in area.
- Choose a scaling mode to optimize the aspect ratio of the photos being cast.
- Use Siri to search for photos and start a slideshow filtering by photo album, date and location. e.g "Show photos from yesterday using SnapCaster", "Start a slideshow of photos from 2015 using SnapCaster", "Show photos from New York in 2012 using SnapCaster"
- Setup the included Today widget, which updates daily, for fast access to your photo albums for casting.
- Supports iCloud Photo Library, iPad multitasking, Chromecast Audio, Google Home and Cast Groups (music playback only).
- Drag and drop photos from other apps, like Safari and Messages, to quickly cast them (iOS11 & iPad required).
- Customizable interface with light and dark interface themes.
- Browse and cast 'smart albums' including Favourites, Selfies, Panoramas and Screenshots.
• Control photo grid appearance directly rather than from Settings.
• Improvements to Siri integration and the Today widget.
• Some minor user interface refinements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app to cast photos and videos to your Chromecast connected TV that isn't total trash. It just works and it's fast! I've been wanting something like this since the Chromecast launched. There is also a similar app I like too called "Cast Player" if you are looking for a more simple app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.