SnapMotion is the most innovative and most used tool to extract images from videos. The application allows you to extract frames with precision and without loss of quality.
Two modes are provided:
- A manual mode allowing you to extract images precisely at the selected time.
- A batch processing mode allowing you to extract thousands images concurrently.
SnapMotion has been designed to support big video files such as 4K movies and to extract every frame of your media if needed. The application can play every video supported natively by macOS. Moreover it can export images into all industry-standard formats including PNG, JPEG, TIFF and HEIC.
SnapMotion additional features :
- share images on social network (Facebook, Twitter, ...)
- drag and drop images to export
- create animated GIF from your snaps
- rotate videos directly in the player
- copy extracted images in the pasteboard
- customize output filenames
- support notifications and touch bar
This version has been optimized for macOS High Sierra and later. Moreover the application is available in 7 languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Chinese).
Feedbacks can be sent directly from the application. In this way, you can contact us for any kind of suggestions and improvements in few clics.
- Fix minor issues
- Fix rate on the Mac App Store button
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing Underwater Stills
I do alot of underwater video and snap motion allows me to pull stills from the video after the dive, instead of focusing on the perfect shot at the moment. I can get all the way down the frame level so I can pick the perfect shot every time. I have amazing pictures and I also get to enjoy the dive. I loved the older version but this new one is even better and handles my 4k videos.
Pop my videos in and it just plays. The ability to take a screen shot is what really sold me. As the other reviewer said: “Nice and simple, good quality stills.” I haven’t tried much of the rest of the abilities because it does what I needed. Bravo!
A Real Champ
I’ve been a version 2 user for a long time, and this video screen capture software really speeds up the process, and is quick and easy. Batch processing is a BIG plus. The upgrade was a no brainer.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.