By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Perfect your photos in a snap with the new Snapseed 2. This app brings to your mobile device the power and control of professional photo editing software, previously only available on the desktop. Now with the tap of a finger you can retouch, adjust perspective, re-edit, and more.
== Tools to Perfect Photos==
• Tune image - use to auto adjust for instant fixes, use Ambience to create depth and vibrancy that uniquely adapts to colors and fine tune brightness, saturation, contrast, and more
• Details - enhance details with traditional sharpening or the unique Structure control that makes a photo’s subject pop
• Crop - crop images to standard aspect ratios or free crop
• Rotate - easily rotate 90°, straighten or free rotate how you like
• Transform - adjust perspective across vertical and horizontal axes, then fill in empty areas after rotation
• Brush - selectively apply effects to regions of an image
• Selective adjust - make precise selections and enhancements to specific areas of your photos in seconds with Nik Software’s revolutionary U Point technology
• Healing - remove dust and dirt from the image without leaving a trace
• Vignette - adjust brightness around the the subject of an image, includes a control to freely position the effect
== Filters to Add Style ==
• Lens Blur - draw attention to the subject of your photo by blurring and adjusting the brightness of the surrounding background
• Glamour Glow - add a glow to the image that is particularly useful for glamour and fashion photography
• Tonal Contrast - bring out fine contrasts across shadows and highlights, with precise exposure control
• HDR Scape - bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama - add style with an effect specifically tailored to your photo, ranging from subtle textures to wildly artistic effects
• Grunge - an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy film - get modern film looks with a realistic grain engine
• Vintage - make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
• Retrolux - make your photos look truly retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles, and more
• Noir - modern Black-and-White film looks with a realistic grain engine and the all-new “wash” effect
• Black & White - get that classic Black and White look with this darkroom-inspired filter
• Frames - add stylized borders to photos for the perfect finishing touch
== Stacks for Managing your Edits==
• Stacks provide a list of applied filters that you can re-edit or copy and apply to another image
• Use Stacks to go back in time visually
• Re-edit any filter at any time!
• Remove a filter at any position in the stack
• Use the new Stacks Brush to paint in or out any applied filter
What's New in Version 2.6
• Add blue color filter to the Black and White filter
• Fixed a crash caused when flipping image under specific conditions
• Minor bug fixes
Does not save files in hi-res, degrades image substantially
The previous version did not add a frame, but subtracted the edge of your photo to make room for the frame. So much for careful cropping! Unfortunately, this edge-stealing method carries on in this version. Another major complaint has been the abysmally small file size at which edited images were being saved, causing useless jpegs with heavy image degradation, sometimes no larger than a ridiculous 800k, down from 10mb! Again, this practice continues in this version. I just converted a jpeg to be in Filterstorm, which retained the dimensions at 3264x4896 with a 5.9mb file size. The same bw conversion in Snapseed yields a 1.1mb file size and dimensions of 1280x1920 without any warning. Filterstorm lets you specify desired file sizes up to 22mb, but Snapseed has no pref settings. Snapseed used to be near pro quality a few versions ago, but that's no longer the case. Too bad, as it has some nice features.
A Must-Have App For All Serious Photographers
This is one of a very select number of apps that appear on my coveted front page. Its ability to smartly select areas for selective retouching is uncannily accurate; its Structure feature beats anything Photoshop can do; and its Ambience tool provides a wonderful combination of brightness, shadow opening, and warmth all at once. My one wish is that it would allow us to adjust more than just Brightness, Contrast, and Saturation in its Selective Tool. Still, I recommend this app without reservation.
Great App With Room for Improvement
I've been using Snapseed for a long time, and I love the wide array of features and the ability to fine-tune each change. The only serious drawback is that it doesn't let you save a new edited picture, rather than overwriting the original. Unless I've missed that feature?
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 22, 2016
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 47.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2012 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.