By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Snapseed is a complete and professional photo editor developed by Google.
== KEY FEATURES==
• 24 Tools and Filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective (see list below)
• Opens JPG and RAW files
• Use the “stack” to re-adjust edits later
• Selective filter brush
• All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
• “Insights” feature with tips and tricks about Snapseed and general photography
== TOOLS AND FILTERS ==
• RAW Develop – open and tweak native camera files; save non-destructively or export as JPG (8 controls)
• Tune image – adjust exposure and color automatically or manually with fine, precise control (7 controls)
• Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
• Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely (8 aspect ratios)
• Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
• Transform – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
• Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
• Selective – the renown “Control Point” technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and assign enhancements, the algorithm does the rest magically
• Healing – remove the uninvited neighbor from a group picture
• Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
• Text – add both stylized or plain text (38 predefined styles)
• Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening), ideal for photographic portraits (11 Bokeh types)
• Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images, great for fashion or portraits (6 styles)
• Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively in the shadows, midtones and highlights
• HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images (6 styles)
• Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays (5 basic styles, endless variations)
• Grainy Film – get modern film looks with realistic grain (18 styles)
• Vintage – the style of color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s (12 styles)
• Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles (13 basic styles, endless variations)
• Noir – Black and White film looks with realistic grain and the “wash” effect (14 styles)
• Black & White – classic Black and White look straight out of the darkroom (11 styles)
• Frames – add frames with adjustable size (23 frames)
• Face – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smoothen skin
What's New in Version 2.14
• The Face filter provides an improved choice of styles.
• The Text tool now allows to center text more easily.
Edited versions disappeared from photo album after deleting the photos in SnapSeed album
I've used SnapSeed for couple years and love it! Have recommended it to many others. Just discovered something today of concern. I thought when you saved an edited photo and said "replace" in the photo album, that my photo album would have the edited version, not the original unedited photo. Today, I was cleaning out photos from my iPhone, to free up space. Since I edit almost every photo, the SnapSeed album gets filled quickly. I periodically delete everything in this album, under the assumption that my photo album kept the edited saved version. I did this today, and it appears that by now deleting the duplicate photons in the SnapSeed album, that it deleted the saved edited versions! Now I have all the unedited photos back in my main photo album! Please explain how that happened? It makes NO sense to have to keep duplicates. Was this a recent change? This never happened before!
Please bring back front page histogram
Have been (and still am!) a huge fan of Snapseed ever since it came out. Just updated to 2.14 and thought I'd make a wishlist: (1) Bring back front page histogram. I used it constantly. (2) Histogram would be very useful in Black & White. Probably other filters as well. (3) Reduce & move Insight tab. It takes up too much image real estate. (4) Thanks for bringing back & improving White Balance. It rocks! (5) Petty, but 2 clicks is 1 too many to access edit layers.
Like I said, still a big fan of the app and never hesitate to recommend it. I use it more often than Lightroom, even on non-mobile images.
A Must-Have App For All Serious Photographers
This is one of a very select number of apps that appear on my coveted front page. Its ability to smartly select areas for selective retouching is uncannily accurate; its Structure feature beats anything Photoshop can do; and its Ambience tool provides a wonderful combination of brightness, shadow opening, warmth, and even incredible highlight protection all at once. My one wish is that it would allow us to adjust more than just Brightness, Contrast, and Saturation in its Selective Tool. Still, I recommend this app without reservation.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 15, 2016
- Version: 2.14
- Size: 131 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2012 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.