Snapseed is a complete and professional photo editor developed by Google.
== KEY FEATURES==
• 29 Tools and Filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective (see list below)
• Opens JPG and RAW files
• Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
• Selective filter brush
• All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
• “Insights” feature with tips and tricks about Snapseed and general photography
== TOOLS, FILTERS AND FACE ==
• RAW Develop – open and tweak native camera files; save non-destructively or export as JPG
• Tune image – adjust exposure and color automatically or manually with fine, precise control
• Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
• Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely
• Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
• Perspective – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
• White Balance – adjust the colors so that the image looks more natural
• Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
• Selective – the renown “Control Point” technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and assign enhancements, the algorithm does the rest magically
• Healing – remove the uninvited neighbor from a group picture
• Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
• Text – add both stylized or plain text (38 predefined styles)
• Curves - have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
• Expand - increase the size of your canvas and fill up the new space in smart ways with content of your image
• Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening), ideal for photographic portraits
• Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images, great for fashion or portraits
• Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively in the shadows, midtones and highlights
• HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images
• Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy Film – get modern film looks with realistic grain
• Vintage – the style of color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
• Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles
• Noir – Black and White film looks with realistic grain and the “wash” effect
• Black & White – classic Black and White look straight out of the darkroom
• Frames – add frames with adjustable size
• Double Exposure - blend two photos, choosing from blend modes that are inspired by shooting on film and by digital image processing
• Face Enhance – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smoothen skin
• Face Pose - correct the pose of portraits based on three dimensional models
• Support for iPhone X.
Ratings and Reviews
Crashing for the first time
This is by far my most used app. Every photo I edit on my phone and iPad goes through this app. So far, I’ve applauded every update as making a nearly perfect app even closer to perfect as one could hope for. I don’t want that to change, but if the crashing doesn’t get fixed, that changes everything.
This is the first time I’ve ever had to deal with this issue in Snapseed. Honestly, I don’t think this app even crashed once until the last major update (custom saved edits), which I use often. I realize that the broad abilities of this app make it, by necessity, resource intensive. I just hope that the crashes don’t become the norm because I’d rather NOT have all the cool new features if I can’t count on the app to be reliable and consistent. I just wasted another 30 minutes of my life because Snapseed crashed again. I don’t want to start having to question this app’s reliability, but trusting in this app not to crash in the middle of a project is becoming more difficult do.
Google’s apparent interest overall in customer feedback has been spotty at best in the past, but I REALLY hope that the powers that be will take the time to address this potential deal-breaker of an issue. I would hate for these crashes to outweigh this awesome app’s usefulness! Please fix this!
My iOS is current and I’m on the iPad Pro and iPhone X (both devices have suffered the same issue several times recently).
Adding free form focus points!!!
I really love using this app to edit all my photos. I’m rating 4 stars, to possibly grab your attention on a few new suggestions to add into the apps editing features. First, I think adding a free form focus area in the Lens Blur instead of shapes would be AMAZING. Along with that adding the ability to not just have one focal point, but multiple focal pints, while still being able to blur out the background or things the editor doesn’t want the photo to focus on. Another new feature you should add to this app should be to have a onscreen convenient undo/redo buttons while using any tool in the app; that way the editor won’t have to continuously click in and out of the tool in order to make an alter to an edit or to fix a mistake. I realize there’s an erasing tool, but when you have much to edit and a list of other photos you plan to edit as well, it is time consuming; not to mention that many people using there fingers to edit will likely cause a mistake to worsen by using the eraser tool, which is well - another negative.
- Anyways I really do hope someone who can add these two features read my review, and will actually consider adding these two features. I guarantee it will make many people happy.
-Overall though, this photo editing app is AMAZING and I highly recommend using it!!!
A Must-Have App For All Serious Photographers
This is one of a very select number of apps that appear on my coveted front page. Its ability to smartly select areas for selective retouching is uncannily accurate; its Structure feature beats anything Photoshop can do; and its Ambience tool provides a wonderful combination of brightness, shadow opening, warmth, and even incredible highlight protection all at once. On top of that are regularly-introduced enhancements like the Curves tool, and the incredible White Balance tool which allows you to see your eyedropper effect in real time as you drag it around your image – a huge advantage I have not seen in any other mobile app or even desktop program. On top of all of this, there are other miraculous effects that seem to be added every other week that are too numerous to delineate here but are absolutely worth exploring. My only two wishes are that 1) a clone tool be added; and 2) there were even more options in the Selective and Brush Tools. Still, I recommend this app without reservation.
- Google LLC
- 99.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.