By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Perfect your photos in a snap with the new Snapseed 2. This app brings to your mobile device the power and control of professional photo editing software, previously only available on the desktop. Now with the tap of a finger you can retouch, adjust perspective, re-edit, and more.
== Tools to Perfect Photos==
• Tune image - use to auto adjust for instant fixes, use Ambience to create depth and vibrancy that uniquely adapts to colors and fine tune brightness, saturation, contrast, and more
• Details - enhance details with traditional sharpening or the unique Structure control that makes a photo’s subject pop
• Crop - crop images to standard aspect ratios or free crop
• Rotate - easily rotate 90°, straighten or free rotate how you like
• Transform - adjust perspective across vertical and horizontal axes, then fill in empty areas after rotation
• Brush - selectively apply effects to regions of an image
• Selective adjust - make precise selections and enhancements to specific areas of your photos in seconds with Nik Software’s revolutionary U Point technology
• Healing - remove dust and dirt from the image without leaving a trace
• Vignette - adjust brightness around the the subject of an image, includes a control to freely position the effect
== Filters to Add Style ==
• Lens Blur - draw attention to the subject of your photo by blurring and adjusting the brightness of the surrounding background
• Glamour Glow - add a glow to the image that is particularly useful for glamour and fashion photography
• Tonal Contrast - bring out fine contrasts across shadows and highlights, with precise exposure control
• HDR Scape - bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama - add style with an effect specifically tailored to your photo, ranging from subtle textures to wildly artistic effects
• Grunge - an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy film - get modern film looks with a realistic grain engine
• Vintage - make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
• Retrolux - make your photos look truly retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles, and more
• Noir - modern Black-and-White film looks with a realistic grain engine and the all-new “wash” effect
• Black & White - get that classic Black and White look with this darkroom-inspired filter
• Frames - add stylized borders to photos for the perfect finishing touch
== Stacks for Managing your Edits==
• Stacks provide a list of applied filters that you can re-edit or copy and apply to another image
• Use Stacks to go back in time visually
• Re-edit any filter at any time!
• Remove a filter at any position in the stack
• Use the new Stacks Brush to paint in or out any applied filter
What's New in Version 2.3
• Lens Blur: automatic face detection and blur placement
• Auto-Straighten: automatically adjust to the horizon
• Share images directly to Instagram when Instagram app is installed
• Enhanced Metadata Display in Settings & details menu
Keeps Getting Better
Great improvements with the latest update but the best thing about Snapseed is still its magical way it smartly identifies the area to be adjusted during the selective adjustment process. Instead of just being a round circle that can be enlarged or reduced with no ability to change shape, the area you tap extends to the rest of that contiguous area in an incredibly intelligent manner, providing a very precise selection. I still fervently hope the developers will extend their selective adjustments beyond just brightness, contrast, and saturation to include their entire battery of adjustments (and how about adding a black point as well). My three-star rating which lasted for a couple of years has been a full five stars for several months now. Simply put, this is a must-have app for any casual or professional photographer.
Severely crippled in latest update!
Like others in the Snapped forum I too made the discovery that Snapseed on my iPad no longer saved at a usable resolution. Previously I had been using Snapseed for quick edits that were fine, but after the latest update I noticed blurred details and coarse artifacts. The file sizes had degraded from 10Mb to just 10% of that with obvious deterioration of the quality, both on screen and in printing. I immediately stopped using the app as I regarded the output I was previously getting good enough to sell my prints professionally. That's no longer the case and no warning was given that the app became severely downgraded with the latest update.
I have been using this app to edit my pictures for several years, and despite trying new apps, I've always come back to this one because it is awesome.
However, in the last few updates, it has gotten to be to the point where it's unusable. The features work fine, but after every single small edit you make to a picture, the quality decreases, and I find all of these thin vertical lines all along the picture - in other words, using this app ruins my pictures.
I hope this is fixed, and soon, or I will be done with this app. It's unacceptable.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 03, 2016
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 45.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2012 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.