By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Perfect your photos in a snap with the new Snapseed 2.0. This app brings to your mobile device the power and control of professional photo editing software, previously only available on the desktop. Now with the tap of a finger you can retouch, adjust perspective, re-edit, and more.
== Tools to Perfect Photos==
• Tune image - use to auto adjust for instant fixes, use Ambience to create depth and vibrancy that uniquely adapts to colors and fine tune brightness, saturation, contrast, and more
• Details - enhance details with traditional sharpening or the unique Structure control that makes a photo’s subject pop
• Crop - crop images to standard aspect ratios or free crop
• Rotate - easily rotate 90°, straighten or free rotate how you like
• Transform - adjust perspective across vertical and horizontal axes, then fill in empty areas after rotation
• Brush - selectively apply effects to regions of an image
• Selective adjust - make precise selections and enhancements to specific areas of your photos in seconds with Nik Software’s revolutionary U Point technology
• Spot repair - remove dust and dirt from the image without leaving a trace
• Vignette - adjust brightness around the the subject of an image, includes a control to freely position the effect
== Filters to Add Style ==
• Lens Blur - draw attention to the subject of your photo by blurring and adjusting the brightness of the surrounding background
• Glamour Glow - add a glow to the image that is particularly useful for glamour and fashion photography
• Tonal Contrast - bring out fine contrasts across shadows and highlights, with precise exposure control
• HDR Scape - bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama - add style with an effect specifically tailored to your photo, ranging from subtle textures to wildly artistic effects
• Grunge - an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy film - get modern film looks with a realistic grain engine
• Vintage - make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
• Retrolux - make your photos look truly retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles, and more
• Noir - modern Black-and-White film looks with a realistic grain engine and the all-new “wash” effect
• Black & White - get that classic Black and White look with this darkroom-inspired filter
• Frames - add stylized borders to photos for the perfect finishing touch
== Stacks for Managing your Edits==
• Stacks provide a list of applied filters that you can re-edit or copy and apply to another image
• Use Stacks to go back in time visually
• Re-edit any filter at any time!
• Remove a filter at any position in the stack
• Use the new Stacks Brush to paint in or out any applied filter
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Thanks to all our users for the feedback on Snapseed 2. These are the improvements:
• Grunge is back!
• Selective has advanced functions such as copy/paste and hide control points
• Improved look in HDR Scape
• The saving option “Export” saves a new copy of the image without embedded editing information.
• Fixed some serious bugs
Bugfixes and stability improvements
• Stacks allow you to re-edit any image
• Copy your edits from one image to another
• 5 new filters including Lens Blur, Tonal Contrast and Glamour Glow, previously a premium feature
• Lens blur that’s adjustable in all directions
• Brush tools to apply effects to sections of an image
• Spot Repair for detailed editing, healing, and retouching
• Transform adjusts perspective across vertical and horizontal axes, then fills in empty areas after rotations
Perfect argument for open source
Pro photographer, longtime user. This app changed everything for me as it did for many--an elegant interface and powerful way to edit, more practical than Photoshop or Gimp for so many things. Then a surprise "2.0" redesign: some new tools and filters, but they took away functionality and power and some of the filters. So Grunge is back. But the great interface so conducive to fine editing is replaced with something different and more clunky and we have no control or power over any of it. I can't buy the old version and have no access to it so that means a complete change in my photo business. And every day I feel anger and unhappiness over it. If it were open source we could have forked it and made a great app that did what we needed. So disappointed in these developers. Where did they learn their project management and design skills? Epic fail. No connection with the actual userbase who use the software every day. I'm so unhappy. Are you listening, Google? Do you care?
Best Photo Editing App Around
The title of my review says it all. I got Snapseed some 2 or 3 years ago when they had it free (it used to cost a couple bucks). I haven't uninstalled it from my iPhone's since, and each time I upgrade my iPhone, it's always the first app that goes back on it!
There have been major improvements since I've been using Snapseed and I love the continuous updates and improvements! Being able to zoom in while editing a photo is a MAJOR plus. I'm glad they finally added this feature.
I can go on and on about how great this app is, but you just need to see it for yourself. Just get it already!
Great app! Update I'm not sure about
I LOVE this app. The new features on this new interface I'm getting used to and starting to get the hang of it. But there is one filter that I can't remember the name of they was left out of the updated version that I miss!!!! I can't replicate it. Why leave out features? Also, a huge thing since I'm reading that others have this problem. I thought it was just me. I too can't upload my EDITED photos!! It just shows up as an additional unedited photo. Why is this happening? Others say they have figured it out but I have not. My phone is reaching its limit because I can't delete them off my phone. Help with this please.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: May 29, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 35.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2012 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.