Snapshot Editor - Capture & Edit Screenshot
By Gerald Ni
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Snapshot Editor provides a quick and simple solution to capture and edit your screenshot.
• Grab screen with one single click
- With Intelligent capture ability, you can grab entire screen, any selected area or any windows with one simple click.
• Annotate & edit screenshot flexibly
- Line, arrows & shapes
Draw their attention with customizable and vector-based objects, including:
* Line - Full line or dotted line;
* Arrows - Double headed or single headed arrows with full or dotted line, you can customize the line weight, opacity and color;
* Shapes - Rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse shapes etc. You can choose fill-only, stroke-only or fill & stroke style. You can customize fill color or stroke color, stroke weight or opacity.
Making an eye-catching and stunning presentation and tutorial can be extremely easy.
- Text annoatation
Add any text content using your favorite fonts and styles, apply shadow effects.
- Mosaic overlay
Apply a mosaic to blur out a face, sensitive information, email address, phone number or anything you don't want to show with Mosaic overlay tool.
- Crop image
Crop screenshot to the perfect size
• Work efficiently
- Define keyboard shortcuts for instant snap;
- Run in menu bar for quick launch;
- Share over email or send to clipboard instantly right in the app.
• Format compatibility
- Open all kinds of image files;
- Output wide range of image formats, including PNG, BMP, JPG, TIFF, PDF, GIF.
**Notice, this version does not support external monitor**
What's New in Version 1.2.0
1. Fixed capture problem for Retina screen.
2. Added options to turn off capture sound and magnifier tool in Preference setting.
3. Fixed a bug for capturing window.
4. Other minor bug fixes.
Perfect for quick screen grabs
I gave up on the OSX version of SnagIt. The program has become bloatware over the years by trying to be everything to everyone. I just needed a quick and simple way to grab some screen shots.
This does it and does it well.
I knocked off one star because it’s not clear how to get a portion of the screen you want or resize the capture area. I eventually discovered that was part of the “Intelligent Capture” mode. Renaming that to something like “Select an Area” or adding it as another choice would clear that up nicely.
Highly recommended if you need a simple and good way to grab a screen shot. Nothing fancy - but it works well.
Best app of it’s kind
I have several other similar apps (e.g. Glui & Skitch );but, this is by far superior. It’s interface is much easier to use and it options are superior. For example, the other applications are limited in both font and color; but, Snapshot Editor allows me to be infinitely more creative!
The only drawbacks is that there is no option to keep the icon in the menu bar instead of the dock. Additionally, for such a clever product I think the developer could have a better looking icon.
not worth the money get skitch for free
very basic soft wear, better off getting skitch for free wich is more capable.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 14, 2014
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gerald Ni
- © 2014 Lighten Software Limited
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor