By joseph pinkasfeld
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SnesMusic is a player for game music files.
It play rsn super nes files. It can also play
Game Boy Advance (gsf),
Nintendo DS (2sf)
Nintendo 64 (usf),
Music files via in app purchase.
With SnesMusic you can listen SNES music without having to bring your SNES every where you go. How convenient !!!
You can add your .RSN files with iTunes File Sharing very easily
you can also download RSN files with safari, SnesMusic will open it automatically and add it to your music library!
HI FI sound quality but still good old 16bit chiptune ;)
Playlist support mixing different game system (mix 8bit and 16 bit chiptune !!).
Cover support find images with the magnifier button and capture screen or download image with the + button or just a two finger touch.
Airplay and bluetooth headset support
Background support, music will keep playing even if you use surf the web or read mails !!
Control available on lock screen and multitasking bar.
SnesMusic does not support spc files alone.
Snes spc file must be put in a rsn or 7z or zip archive
Megadrive vgm or vgz file must be in a zip or 7z file,
PC-engine hes file must be in zip or 7z file with m3u file
Playstation psf minipsf files must left in original zip 7z or rar file
(You cannot play SNES games with this app!)
What's New in Version 5.1
Good sound, but...
Overall this app is useful because the music sounds very faithful to the original consoles in most cases. There are exceptions to that (Forgotten Worlds for Genesis sounds pretty awful, for example). Also, the app is relatively lightweight and you can pick and choose which soundtracks you want pretty easily.
However, it's got some issues that have never been addressed and the app has been out for quite some time.
1) I paid to unlock a few systems a while ago and I just upgraded my phone and switched to the latest version of the app. Now the option to download music for the Turbografx (PC Engine) is gone. So there's no way to get that music back on there.
2) The ability to customize playback is very limited, for example there are no options to specify that songs should be looped twice before fading out gradually. Instead, the songs start, play through once, and then stop abruptly, most of the time right in the middle of a note, which is very jarring.
3) There is no normalize volume option, no option to display cover art of the game you're listening to, etc... stuff that would be really nice to have. There really aren't any options at all.
If he could make sure that songs for all consoles could be downloaded, and there were just a few options for customization of playback, this app would go from 2 to 5 stars for me.
A few flaws, but a great app!
For a while, this was my favorite music app to use. The option to loop the songs was a great addition, but sometimes, when you play a song, it will play at about 2/3 its original speed. I was actually wondering if that could somehow be made into a feature to speed up and slow down, since a lot of songs sound pretty good slowed down. Another thing I wanted to mention is that the PC Engine library of music basically disappeared out of the blue? What's with that?
Either way, I enjoy the app a lot. Would give it 5 stars, but it has a couple of issues it needs to fix. (Also, where's my Sega Saturn OSTs?!)
Amazing! Also a suggestion.
SNESMusic is one of the most convenient retro tools out there. (Especially because it's on a mobile device.) It's also extremely Easy to download files, too. The only bug I've ran into was when you skip to the next song right after the song you're on finishes and it crashes. No biggie, though. Also, this may sound crazy, but have you considered iMovie support? (Idk. Just throwing that out there.) Anyway, Amazing App! I look forward to future updates! 🎮🎧
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 15, 2015
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 21.3 MB
- Languages: French, German, Japanese
- Seller: joseph pinkasfeld
- © 2014 joseph pinkasfeld
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock all console$3.99
- Gameboy gbs support$0.99
- Game Boy Advance gsf support$0.99
- Nintendo DS 2sf support$0.99
- Nintendo 64 usf support$0.99
- NES nsf support$0.99
- PlayStation psf support$0.99
- Megadrive vgm support$0.99
- Master System vgm support$0.99
- PC-Engine hes support$0.99