By Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Company Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Snip is a screen-capture application that can capture the active window or custom areas. Drag to zoom in/out the screen shot; add labels, texts and handwriting contents of your choice and save it to your device or the clipboard.
1. Auto-identify windows: Snip can identify windows open automatically.
2. Editable tags: Add tags (rectangle, ellipse and arrow) and texts; and draw with handwriting brushes. You can change the location, size and color.
What's New in Version 2.0
1. Introduced native architechture: smaller and faster
2. Support Retina display
3. Share captured screenshots via QQ Mail
4. Improved image processing features
Fastest on MAC I’ve found so far - efficient but...
This is ALMOST exactly what we need.
SKITCH guys and gals - please read this.
Many of us are looking for FAST and efficient ways to communicate. Often this is simpley to snapshot a part of the screen, draw a circle around it and past it in an email or post.
Here is a rare case where Windows has one up on MAC. Snipping tool allow me to:
1. start the tool with a click - get a crosshairs
2. select the area (I rarely want full screen)
3. now the snipped picture is in focus and I can draw on it WITHOUT HAVING TO SELECT SOMETHING
4. Paste the annotated picture where I want.
This app is similar with an extra step which is a waste of time (default tool selection should be in the preferences)
1. start the tool with a short cut key - get a crosshairs
2. select the area
3. Now must select the tool to use (pencil, arrow, etc. I’d like to see this in preferences as a default selection.
4. now the snipped picture is in focus and I can draw on it
5. now I must select a check mark (I don’t want the saved to file so I turned that off in preferences - THANKS for that option ! (SKITCH are you reading)
6. Paste the annotated picture where I want.
It’s close and I will use it…..but hope for a little more efficiency down the road.
good but missing one click entire screen shot
it’s a good tool, small, light and easy to use. I have two problem with this tool. One is this app just stopped open one day, don’t know what happen, still have icon on my computer but actually, app is no longer exist. go to apple store install again fix the problem. just hope this issue won’t happen again. Another problem is this snip no longer have entire screen shot. I would like to caputure entire screen with one click to save thime, rather than drag it to select the box when I don’t need too. Please add that feature back. It is avaliable before with older version still love to have it with this one.
My most used utility application
It’s fast, intuitive, and useful. I’m a student and if I need to screenshot a graph or data from a PowerPoint lecture slide (or online textbook) to put into my notes, this is the quickest and easiest way to do so without interupting what I’m doing. The “Grab” utility that comes with a Mac just doesn’t cut it, plus you can’t draw directly on the screenshots in that.
Plus, a quick screen/window/image grab is always available, I don’t have to go to a separate application to do it, Snip is always open. I have yet to come across any bugs.
I’ve recommended this to my friends/family as a great utility.