By Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Company Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Snip is a screen-capture application that can capture the active window or custom areas. Drag to zoom in/out the screen shot; add labels, texts and handwriting contents of your choice and save it to your device or the clipboard.
1. Auto-identify windows: Snip can identify windows open automatically.
2. Editable tags: Add tags (rectangle, ellipse and arrow) and texts; and draw with handwriting brushes. You can change the location, size and color.
What's New in Version 2.0
1. Introduced native architechture: smaller and faster
2. Support Retina display
3. Share captured screenshots via QQ Mail
4. Improved image processing features
Good functionality; mediocre usability and support options
This application comes closed to the Windows Snipping Tool from Microsoft Windows that I have found so far. The preferences screen is a little confusing, and there are some rough edges when using it But for my main use case — copying aerbitrary part sof my screen to my clipboard — it’s wonderful.
I tried to contact support to give feedback, but the feedback is lined to having a QQ Mail account, which I don’t have (and don’t want to sign up for). My feedback would have been:
• Include x-axis and y-axis (perhaps an option) so that when I'm selecting a rectangular area around an odd shape (e.g. a circle), I can easily tell where to place my corners by where the axes extend across the screen.
• Alternatively, if there were a way (perhaps a modifier key) that after placing my original selection, I could adjust the edges before the capture is taken. That way I could slightly adjust the edges to be just how I want.
• Alternatively, if there was a way to crop a snip after it's been capture but before it's saved (to clipboard or file), then I could just snip a larger area and them crop it down after it's captured.
good but missing one click entire screen shot
it’s a good tool, small, light and easy to use. I have two problem with this tool. One is this app just stopped open one day, don’t know what happen, still have icon on my computer but actually, app is no longer exist. go to apple store install again fix the problem. just hope this issue won’t happen again. Another problem is this snip no longer have entire screen shot. I would like to caputure entire screen with one click to save thime, rather than drag it to select the box when I don’t need too. Please add that feature back. It is avaliable before with older version still love to have it with this one.
My most used utility application
It’s fast, intuitive, and useful. I’m a student and if I need to screenshot a graph or data from a PowerPoint lecture slide (or online textbook) to put into my notes, this is the quickest and easiest way to do so without interupting what I’m doing. The “Grab” utility that comes with a Mac just doesn’t cut it, plus you can’t draw directly on the screenshots in that.
Plus, a quick screen/window/image grab is always available, I don’t have to go to a separate application to do it, Snip is always open. I have yet to come across any bugs.
I’ve recommended this to my friends/family as a great utility.