By Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Company Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Snip is a screen-capture application that can capture the active window or custom areas. Drag to zoom in/out the screen shot; add labels, texts and handwriting contents of your choice and save it to your device or the clipboard.
1. Auto-identify windows: Snip can identify windows open automatically.
2. Editable tags: Add tags (rectangle, ellipse and arrow) and texts; and draw with handwriting brushes. You can change the location, size and color.
What's New in Version 2.0
1. Introduced native architechture: smaller and faster
2. Support Retina display
3. Share captured screenshots via QQ Mail
4. Improved image processing features
Fastest on MAC I’ve found so far - efficient but...
This is ALMOST exactly what we need.
SKITCH guys and gals - please read this.
Many of us are looking for FAST and efficient ways to communicate. Often this is simpley to snapshot a part of the screen, draw a circle around it and past it in an email or post.
Here is a rare case where Windows has one up on MAC. Snipping tool allow me to:
1. start the tool with a click - get a crosshairs
2. select the area (I rarely want full screen)
3. now the snipped picture is in focus and I can draw on it WITHOUT HAVING TO SELECT SOMETHING
4. Paste the annotated picture where I want.
This app is similar with an extra step which is a waste of time (default tool selection should be in the preferences)
1. start the tool with a short cut key - get a crosshairs
2. select the area
3. Now must select the tool to use (pencil, arrow, etc. I’d like to see this in preferences as a default selection.
4. now the snipped picture is in focus and I can draw on it
5. now I must select a check mark (I don’t want the saved to file so I turned that off in preferences - THANKS for that option ! (SKITCH are you reading)
6. Paste the annotated picture where I want.
It’s close and I will use it…..but hope for a little more efficiency down the road.
Almost as good as the one on my office (windows) laptop
I wanted a clipping tool on my MacBook like the one on my office pc. I searched around and this one got the most favorable reviews. The reason I gave it 4 stars insteat of 5 have already been mentioned here but I’ll mention them again. The tool is not intuitive. You can’t have your choice of download site and the biggest one for me is there are no border lines being drawn as you drag the pointer from one corner to the other corner of what you want to snip.
All the bells & whistles!
Love this app! Being able to add text to a screenshot before it saves to my system is awesome!
One problem, I just upgraded to 10.9 and now it no longer captures entire scrolling area. This was another great feature which I really need back! Please fix!