SNOCRU is the leading snowsports app. The award winning ski and snowboard tracking app, connects skiers and snowboarders to the mountains on all levels. Ranked by Snowboard Magazine, Wired Magazine and SKI Magazine as the #1 best snowsports app. SNOCRU continues to be the best ski app to track your stats from your day on the slopes.
Get free access SNOCRU's tracking technology with or without an internet connection, giving you a day of skiing or snowboarding tracking without interruptions for the most accurate data.
Everyone knows it's more fun skiing and snowboarding with friends and family! Download SNOCRU to connect with each other in real time through the Near-Me functionality while on the mountain. Challenge your fellow CRU members to compete on the slopes by setting up a DAYCRU with your friends.
Connect SNOCRU with the Apple Watch using Bluetooth and manage your Tracks directly from your wearable device. (Requires watchOS 4.0+)
SNOCRU watch app now supports deeper integration with the Health App and the ability to track runs entirely from your Apple Watch. (Requires Apple Watch Series 3)
• Setup a DAYCRU to track alongside your friends and family throughout your day on the slopes
• Challenge each other to ski the most vertical feet, hit the fastest speeds and track the most runs in a day
• Chat with your CRU through the SNOCRU messenger and share photos to the Activity Feed
• Check resort snow conditions at your home mountain, resorts near you and see weather reports from over 3500 ski mountains around the world
• Measure your speed, altitude, runs, vertical, distance, and slope angle throughout your day skiing or riding
• Login using Facebook and connect with your friends on the mountain in real time
• Use Near Me to find the best après party scene, restaurants or a local ski and snowboard shop
• Share your mountain experience directly from SNOCRU on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
SNOCRU offers in app upgrades:
Upgrade to the SNOCRU Season Pass for an ad free experience and premium features!
• Share your day tracking with SNOCRU using the app animated track sharing.
• Heat Mapping speed indicator to show your speed on the resort map trails
• Exclusive access to special challenges
• Special deals and promotions
Monthly - $4.99
Yearly - $27.99
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
SNOCRU doesn't just provide a better skiing experience. SNOCRU turns the mountains on!
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.*
• Added support for sharing tracks directly to your Strava feed
• Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Rip-off - Be very careful - edited
This is a cool app, but at $5 a month every month during the summer when you are not skiing, it is way too expensive. I optimistically paid for the annual pass, which is a better deal if the app serves your needs, hoping to get a bunch of people to download and use SNOCRU . The real challenge is to get enough friends to turn it on and use it, even inviting my singles race club (50 members) to use it I did not get enough (4 did) on the app to get the expected community benefit. After evangelizing this app for 2 years, I will not talk it up this next season. I love the idea, and the app is pretty cool, but the business model is a fail for me at the monthly billed price (if more skiers used it or the monthly billing price was equal to the annual up front price it might work). FB and other community apps get that “offer free apps and sell users data”, is the only way to get critical mass. When I Open the app at Vail and only see 5 users in the week after Christmas the idea that people will pay $5/month for a glorified Epic app is not sustainable. Cross mountain value is limited. Don’t waste your cash here as most of your friends might keep this app over the summer. If they see the $5/month charge they I’ll stop payment and possibly delete it. And when you ask them to use it again next year they will laugh.
Good luck and happy shredding.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for editing your response. I understand you want to hate on SNOCRU and let the world know about it, but like I said before you made the choice to upgrade to SNOCRU's premium version. You also made the choice to upgrade to SNOCRU's monthly pass vs annual pass. All your decision...no one forced you or anyone. We have 100's of thousands of users enjoying SNOCRU for free that are happy, perhaps you could choose to cancel your monthly subscription and just use our 100% free app. Your call.
Until you can be honest with your reviews please take this down. We'd all appreciate it
Unable to connect with my group
I am having the exact same problem as Ash471 on Dec 9. I created accounts for my husband and son and I cannot add them to a Cru or Daycru. I’ve tried adding the the other two people on each device and it makes no difference which device I use. It also keeps saying to create an account on my husbands phone even though it accepts and shows the information each time I recreate the account
Also on my phone the app says update available, but when it takes me to
The App Store there is no update, just the open button
Developer Response ,
Hi Deeque10, Thanks for the feedback. Where it says Create Account it should also say login. That will be changed very soon. You can login as well as create account with that button.
You need to be CRU with someone in order to join/create a DayCru. To add CRU tap the CRU button and then the "+" button on the top right of that screen. There you can search and find friends to add to your CRU. I hope this helps. If you like we can go over this on the phone just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Would love to help you out.
Don’t waste your time
Three of us tried to use this app and the account formation is screwed up and won’t recognize our accounts. We were able to use the app and track runs, but SNOCRU says we still don’t have accounts, which means we can’t add each other to our CRU. Extremely frustrating. I set up an account twice using my phone number and a third time using my email address. All three times it said I created an account, but if I log out and try and log in or recover a password it doesn’t recognize my email or phone number. Yet when I create a new account, my previous tracked run is still there.
Developer Response ,
Hi Ash471! Again sorry for the frustrating experience. We've just made a new release that solves all our account authentication and login issues. Would you please try the upgrade and see if you like it? As always feel free to reach to us at email@example.com
- SNOCRU LLC
- 93.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011-2018 SNOCRU, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Season Pass $4.99
- Season Pass $27.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.