New! Released in March 2017. Covers all shallow-water reef fish commonly seen by snorkelers (and a lot of rare ones too). Flip through screens like pages of a book, or find a fish quickly by color or shape (the only fish app with these features). Up to 5 photos per fish -- showing juveniles, males, females, color variations. Each fish has a professional quality video also.
- For snorkelers and beginning scuba divers.
- 205 species* / 553 photos!
- Identify fish by color, shape, family group, scientific name, Hawaiian name, English name.
- Multiple photos of most fish.
- Videos of all fish. **
- Logbook: save fish, share Logbook (text only).
- Works great on iPads too.
* Only half of Hawaii's 400+ shore fish live at snorkeling depths. For easier ID, this app omits deeper-dwelling fish. For a complete set of fish, see my app Scuba Fish Hawaii.
** Videos require internet connection **
Created by John Hoover, author of Hawaii's best-selling marine life ID books: The Ultimate Guide to Hawaiian Reef Fishes, and: Hawaii's Sea Creatures, a Guide to Hawaii's Marine Invertebrates. Check them out on Amazon.
Minor update to content.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a way to log where & when you saw each fish.
Thanks, adding a notes capability would definitely be a good feature. Maybe in next release. Meanwhile, the Logbook can already sort by date, so you can see when you added a fish. From the date you can probably figure out approximately where you saw it.
Must Have! 🐠
A great go to app for every snorkeler! Very easy to maneuver. Great pics and very informative!
Thanks Snorkelgal! Please let me know if I can improve the app in any way. :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.