What's new in Version 5.0?
Based on your feedback we've improved the design experience and made the app easier to navigate. Feature highlights of this major release include:
- Brand new look to My Resorts screen with quick links to the piste map, terrain mapping and weather maps.
- Improved integration with OpenStreetMap Snow Maps
- New red button on My Resorts to take you to your nearest terrain topographic map and weather map making the app instantly useful on the slopes
- Check the forecast for any resort (not just your favourites) via the new Search Resorts button
- Hugely improved Resort Picks showing nearby resorts to your location ranked according to a combination of actual snow conditions and the next 3-days weather forecast. Find the snow first!
- Additional filters on Resort Picks based on "Next 9 days snow", "Powder reported" and "Recent Dumps"
- New in-app purchase pricing removes auto-renew function of one and six-month packages (on new subscriptions only)
- Updated terms to meet GDPR compliance
The official Snow-Forecast.com app enables you to find the best snow conditions on the mountain and monitor your top ski resorts.
– Our full database of over 3,100 ski resorts around the world
– Easily find the closest resort to you, or explore on a world map
– Quick list of your favourite ski resorts with info panels (synced with your snowmails if you have them)
- Beautiful topographic maps with piste/trail map overlays (courtesy of Opensnowmap/Opentopomap)
- Interactive weather maps
- Snowfinder picks suggesting the nearest best conditions to you
– Snow alerts delivered via email or push notifications
– Snow Forecasts, updated every 4 hours
– 3 forecasts per resort for the top, middle and bottom lifts
– Latest detailed snow reports live weather and up to the minute eyeball observation
– Resort webcam image (where available)
- Links to ski & snowboard hire shops in the resort
You can purchase an auto-renewing membership subscription through an In-App Purchase. If you maintain a subscription, the following features become available:
– Topographic Maps caching for offline use
– 3-hourly detailed forecasts
– 9-day long range forecasts
- Snow, Wind, Temperature & cloud maps out to 9 days
- Alerts with sound notification
Subscriptions can be purchased in these variants: 1 Month, 6 Months and 12 Months durations (annual is renewable).
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew (at the duration selected) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- Bug fix for Facebook login
- iPhone XS compatibility
- Further improvements to ski resort picks function
Ratings and Reviews
Free this is better than paid open snow
I wish I didn’t buy a year of open snow. Buying a year of this next year. Free version of this is better than paid open snow in my opinion
It doesn’t even work
I like the website it’s the best forecast site I’ve found but the app just worked for a few times then it crashed and now just the welcome page comes up and then nothing!!!!!
The information on the website is great but the app is worthless as it will not let you login.
- Snow-Forecast.com Ltd.
- 72.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Snow-Forecast.com Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Service (Monthly) $4.49
- Premium Service (1 Month) $3.99
- Premium Service (6 Months) $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.