By Snow-Forecast.com Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Snow-Forecast.com is the number one website for snow sports enthusiasts.
The Snow-Forecast.com mobile app lets you keep track of your favourite mountain resorts whilst on the move. The main features are:
- Our full database of over 2,900 ski resorts around the world
- Geolocation to show the closest ski resorts to your current position
- Add your chosen resorts to a favourites list
- sign up to snow alerts
- Detailed snow forecasts, updated every 4 hours (6 days free, 9 days for members)
- 3 forecasts per resort for the top, middle and bottom lifts
- Snowfinder: telling you where to find the nearest best conditions
- Latest detailed snow reports (where available)
- Resort webcam image* (where available)
- Weather maps for snow accumulations, cloud, wind and temperature
- No adverts for logged in members
Cannot search an area or mountain range
The app works great if you only want to search resorts, but if you want to search say, the White Mountains in the Appalachian Mountain Range you have to visit their desktop site. You can access ranges and ravines on the desktop site but not on the app. It's would be nice if they could add that feature to the app.
I'm a backcountry skier and sometimes after you leave base camp you still want to be able to check reports.