The Social Adventures App provides clinicians, teachers and parents with a treasure trove of activity descriptions for teaching social skills and friendship. Children ages 3-13 with social needs such as those associated with Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, NLD, Sensory Processing Disorders and social anxiety will gain confidence and success in navigating the rough waters of relationships.
Designed as a self-contained resource for running social cognition groups, each activity within the Social Adventures App can be used to augment other approaches. Developed and used over the course of 15 years by a team of SLP’s, OT’s and MSW’s, the Social Adventures App combines the discrete teaching of Social Catch Phrases with fundamental social skills using an engaging multi-disciplinary, multi-sensory approach to mastery.
Use the Social Adventures App to teach:
- Initiating interactions
- Maintaining interactions
- Advocating and negotiating
- Getting regulated
- Interpreting nonverbals
- Negotiating personal space
- Experiencing humor
IMAGINE! Social success for all children!
- Over 80 activities included to be used in groups, classrooms, play dates, and everywhere!
- Clear step by step instructions with separate parent tips section
- Social catch phrases that are easily generalized for use anywhere
- Kid-friendly and memorable visuals designed to be used for role play or cue cards
- Sample 8-week program to get started
- 3 additional 8 week collaborative generalization activities
- "What's in My Bag?" game included adorable graphics to reinforce social cognition and peer interaction
- direct links to iTunes to purchase other apps recommended for teaching social skills addressed in the Social Adventures App
But all of this is just the beginning. We have designed this app as an expandable platform upon which we can continue to provide new content. A collaborative and comprehensive resource of this size would cost at least $60.00 in book form and lack the flexibility of the Social Adventures App. Be sure to subscribe to all4mychild.com for updates and information on in-app purchases (e.g., new games and tools). We look forward to hearing your stories and feedback. Please feel free to follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
GREAT app for clinical professionals running social interaction groups.
First of all, I need to say that any reviews criticizing this app for not being "interactive" are completely missing the purpose of the app. Not every app needs to contain extensive interactivity, and this one, rather, fosters interaction among the kids we treat! The app is a great e-guide with detailed information on activities one could use to target social concepts using "catch phrases" (always great for carryover at home) within engaging communication activities for children. The app really uses the iPad well by providing an always-at-your-fingertips guide (organized very well by skill and even in a time-spanned program) and visually supportive cue cards you can pull up and display while running an activity and at any other convenient moment. No more…"where did I put that cue card?" I have worked with the population of children who need social thinking/skills training for 10 years and this app, though I have only scratched the surface of what it has to offer, has already provided me with a number of new activities that have helped my students connect socially within group, while teaching key generalizable skills such as using names, perspective taking, and introducing simple social narratives. Keep up the great work, all4mychild
Great for All Kids in the Classroom!
I'm an elementary classroom teacher and have found it necessary each year to address students' communication/ social skills, regardless if they have a specific disability related to pragmatics or not. Many of the skills that Social Adventures addresses are exactly what some of my kiddos need. Skills like active listening/ sharing, perspective taking, reading nonverbal language, and understanding spatial/ body awareness are things that I have tried to address in the past, but may have done it more indirectly. What I like about The Social Adventures app is that it gives me direct, consistent language to help my students carry over these skills. The catch phrases and visuals are fantastic in helping students to grasp these concepts. I have noticed that an ideal time to work on these skills is during transitions or much need movement breaks. Finally, the activities that have to do with collaborating are great if you are trying to build a positive classroom environment. Social Adventures is very user friendly and should be considered for use for all kiddos who are just beginning their own social adventure!
Co-Director, Dramatic Pragmatics Speech and Language Center
This app is practical, easy to use and innovative! It offers easy to implement, creative, and fun ideas for therapists to use to lead social thinking groups for children with various profiles. It addresses skill areas such as sensory regulation, perspective taking, self-advocacy, negotiation, conversational management, teamwork and many more! I love that the ideas can be used to individualize with different groups in different ways. It's not a "one size fits all" approach and recognizes the individual needs of different children. It also gives "catch phrases" and visuals to help with carry-over and practical tips for parents. It's a must have for all pediatric SLPs!! Love this app.
- 39.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 all4mychild
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.