Chess - SocialChess
By Woodchop Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SocialChess is a fun way to play fast or slow chess with friends or with random opponents! Play with a clock or play turn-based correspondence chess!
"Fantastic app. Easily the best head-to-head app out there!" -Leo Laporte
"Social Chess Is The Best Way To Get Your iCheckmate On" -CultOfMac.com
* No Advertisements!
* Beautiful, clean, intuitive layout.
* Optimized to be fast and stable. Nothing worse than an app that crashes!
* Features are chosen and implemented carefully.
* Instant account creation - no email validation necessary.
* Your privacy is respected. We will not spam or share any user info.
* Game features are driven by your feedback!
* Statistics - ELO Rating, Wins, Losses, Draws.
* Elo Charts & Per Opponent statistics.
* Receive push notifications when a game is updated.
* Play even when there is no internet connection. Moves are sent later!
* Play up to 5 games at a time, or increase it to 100 with In-App purchase!
* Search for opponents by username, email, or we'll match you with a random opponent.
* Claim Victory if opponent does not make a move in 5 days.
* Optional Takeback.
* Analysis Board to work out your strategy.
* User Profile including picture, comments, etc.
* Map view of your opponent's location.
* Browse your opponent's games, and their opponent's games.
* Elo Rankings.
What's New in Version 2.91
* Bug fixes and improvements
😃My GO-TO Chess App😃Texasron
I have been playing chess for over 8 years on my iPhone. I have a folder with 8 chess apps. I have uninstalled 3-4 others. The SocialChess app stands alone on my Home Page. SocialChess is the one I use every day of the week.
This app is WAY better than Chess With Friends. I migrated here with two of my CWF friends years ago. Another friend later signed up and has also made this his go-to chess app.
Absolutely no screw-ups (unlike Zynga's messed-up CWF).
Buy it. You will be happy you did! It's worth the annual fee to know the developer really takes care of the app as well as responding very quickly to any concerns or questions you might have.
Social Chess ROCKS!
The queen of chess apps
I have used this app for 3 years. My current rating is 1655 but it changes all the time. I love social chess, and I do think it is the queen of chess apps, but it is a little bit of a Stone Age app. I mean, it doesn't need to be so simple. Tournaments would be a great addition, so would a "chess notepad" (chess games that you can create, label, and save for studying and reference), and FaceTime fast games would be cool because on the side of the board you could see and chat with your opponent (but optional, of course). Maybe some profile additions like a "my favorite chess game" place. There are endless possibilities! Keep up the good work social chess! And be sure to fix bugs.
Fantastically responsive developer!
Hooray! Thank you dev, you fixed the email pgn feature! If I could, I'd give you more than 5 stars, because I love this app, play it every day. I always have several games going. It’s just wonderful and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves to play chess. You can't go wrong! This is a great app and there is a great bunch of chess players worldwide in this community. You can play correspondence games or live games. Bravo!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 17, 2016
- Version: 2.91
- Size: 36.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Lee Carlson
- © 2016 Woodchop Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Annual Membership$7.99