Empower teams to collaborate and accomplish more together!
VMware® Socialcast is a secure enterprise chat and social platform connecting people to relevant business information. Users can collaborate with coworkers, customers and business partners using an integrated set of productivity tools and applications.
Connect and Engage
- Chat with a co-worker, customer or business partner in one-on-one conversations
- Setup a persistent group chat to stay connected with your teams
- Learn about the latest developments by following the relevant people, projects and groups
- Gain organizational alignment on vision via the built-in town hall meetings
- Setup project rooms to bring people, information and ideas together
- Send messages and share files for content collaboration
- Include internal and external contributors of your projects
- Allow teams to vote on ideas using the Challenges feature
- Initiate face-to-face meetings with screen sharing for quicker alignment
- Ask questions or respond as a subject matter expert to spread the knowledge wealth
- Send ‘Thanks’ to people for going above and beyond
- Send out polls to conduct retrospectives and gain valuable insights
- Distributed team members can join a virtual meeting using Google Hangouts integration
Reach True Potential
- Empower teams to reach their true potential with third-party integrations
- Connect with colleagues via virtual meetings
- Integrate with industry-leading hybrid cloud management solutions to help expedite processes
- Share and collaborate on files from AirWatch Content Locker
- Sets User presence when app is loaded (works with supported server only)
- App Performance improvements
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A reinstall of the app remedied much of the difficulty I originally experienced.
In all honestly I like the features set of socialcast and even yammer better than that of chatter. Socialcast app would be well served if it allowed for viewing posted videos from within the app and if allowed for likes to be added from within the app. All providers of private social networks need to make the mobile experience a priority as Mobile versions are critical and, more often than not, the primary communication device, not a nice to have when you are away from your computer.
That said, I believe that socialcast has done a far better job than yammer on this front. And, I think, despite the fact that chatter has a specific iPad app, socialcast hedges them out as well. Currently the best mobile experience and I look forward further improvements.
Awesome app/service but...
This app and service are both really good. I work on a fast paced software development team, and team wide collaboration like this had really improved the groups ability to communicate. I only have one request and that is to please offer vibrate and sound alert on push notifications. Our team thrives on instant feedback, and not getting notified quick enough can limit the usefulness.
Best enterprise collaboration tool and app!
I use the Socialcast app more than email or any other mobile app on my phone! It allows me to tap into my company's collective brain and collaborate with my team while I'm on the go. I can't live without Socialcast Groups and Chat - all features allow me to achieve more when everything is together in one place.
- Wandering WiFi LLC
- 16.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016 VMware, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.