By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Socl — pronounced social — lets you create, collect and share stuff you love. From rich visual collages to short animated media and memes, express yourself through posts that take seconds to create, collect and share on Socl, as well as Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Twitter.
• Create beautiful collages and funny memes in seconds.
• Share your creations on Socl, as well as your other favorite social networks.
• Create visual responses ("riffs") to existing content.
• Snap a picture and share it on Socl.
• Receive notifications about community activity on the content you love.
• Organize the content you love in collections.
• Connect with new and interesting people worldwide.
Positive experiences thus far
I have no qualms about this service so far. I know Microsoft will be working to improve the platform, and competition is always good, especially in the watered-down social networking services available and used today.
Does need work
I have used the app for two days and I'm not slamming the app it but it does need a little work. On my iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.4 as I tried to create a post the keyboard never appears, therefore no post. I was able to create a picotale successfully which makes sense as the GUI functions a little differently than for a standard collage or socl post. Fix it and I'll try again!
While yes Socl needed an app this is not that great. Every time I click a post, and try to go back, I'm at the beginning of the list and have to scroll all the way back down. Also there needs to be the share to Twitter and Facebook (google+ would be nice) options. Overall the app is slow and buggy. Hope to see updates soon!
- Category: Social Networking
- Released: Dec 08, 2013
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 29.7 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.