Introducing soda - a new type of DJ application.
Finally you may leave out the bloat: soda's customisable Interface let's you focus only on the features that are important to you.
You'd want more easily accessible Cue-points? A longer volume fader? A secondary waveform that is completely zoomed in? Not an issue - soda will adapt to your needs.
From a basic single-deck to sophisticated looping setups with up to 8 decks, beatjumps and FX - soda can serve any requirement.
Get creative with your Music right here on your iPad / iPhone.
soda makes no compromises on features:
Freely customisable Interface
Up to 8 Decks
Up to 16 nameable Cue-Points per Deck & Track
Cue points can either be Hot-Cues or Loop-Cues. The latter can enabled to automatically kick in once the playhead passes the Cue.
Zoomable color-coded Waveforms
Ableton Link support
2 Send FX Chains
AUv3 Effect support - include your favorite AUs into the set.
5 internal Effects (Delay, Reverb, Phaser, Flanger, EQ 3)
Sample Import via Apple Document Picker & Files app.
Browser access to your iTunes Library.
Easy setup & management of playlists.
BPM & Key detection.
Fully MIDI mappable
Sync or manual pitch - get the best of both worlds.
Variable Launch-quantization for synced Tracks.
Split Output via compatible split-cable.
Pre-Cue your tracks via Headphone while recording your sets on the go - no special hardware or cables needed.
Compatible with any iOS-compatible audio & MIDI interface
designed for all ipads and iphones 4.7" and larger.
IAA Effects now load correctly again
some smaller bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
Decent app need to fix crashes
Great Idea that Struggles with Execution
Started using it and seemed really intuitive and powerful, but there were a couple bugs that need to be ironed out.
I really love how many tracks you can have going as well as the IAA/AUV3 integration! Building your own interfaces is remarkably user-friendly. But then I tried opening the presets and it shut down. I then tried to change the effects layout and the app shut down. I tried this several times, even closing all of my apps and still had this problem. It would also be great to be able to edit track information from the load page, but it seemed like you had really in-depth track details that you could change, like bpm and start/cue points.
Love the video tutorials, keep it up!
Most flexible iOS DJ app! But buggy :/
Soda is easily the most flexible iOS DJ app. What it does well:
* Cue, jump, loop, and auto loop points
* Ableton link, Audiobus, IAA, and AU support
* Customizable UI (stacked waveforms, multitrack layout)
* Easy MIDI Learn for controllers
However it still needs polish:
* Turntable MIDI mapping is broken w/ reloop beatpad 2 and mixon 4 — can’t scratch!
* Mic feedback loop with external speakers (IAA bug?)
* FX support is buggy (audio often dropped or misrouted, esp with AU plugins)
* FX UI is clunky — can’t switch between >2 effects/AUs?
* Multiple FX on/off and dry/wet controls that don’t agree?
* Global BPM should sync to most recent synced track BPM, or have a sync-to-track control. (Like Ableton Link, most recent BPM sync should take over.)
* Waveform zoom doesn’t sync to global bpm — can’t eye match multiple tracks
* Pitch bend changes bpm/playback speed — it shouldn’t
If these issues are fixed, we finally will have something that can beat djay pro! Multi app integration is key!
Eagerly awaiting more updates! Will update this review!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.