Whenever you’re struggling creatively and you need a suggestion to prompt you back into action, Sokkyo has got you covered. There’s 18 categories of suggestions to choose from, 4 of them are randomly generated, so you’ll get unique ones every time! Sokkyo was also programmed not to show you any repeats until you’ve finished off the whole list of words, or if you close the app!
Sokkyo was designed with responsivity in mind, you can go from opening the app to getting suggestions in mere seconds.
You can have up to 10 buttons on your screen at once, letting you pick the general idea of what you want to see. There’s no fumbling about in menus either, pick your favourites once and Sokkyo will remember them each time you open the app.
All the suggestions are stored on the app, so you don’t need Wi-Fi when you use Sokkyo. No need to sign up, No ads, No stuffing about, just get stuck in!
Our users have found applications for Sokkyo in: Improv Comedy, Stand-up Writing, Junior Thespian Theatre, Writing prompts, Voice acting, Dungeons and Dragons Dungeon-Master-ing. Let us know if you’ve found a new use for Sokkyo!
- Added 4 new categories (names, verbs, food & mimes), bringing the total to 18.
- You can now set the timer intervals specifically yourself, rather than using 3 preset lengths.
- Touch the middle of the screen to get 1 random word from any of the categories you have locked in.
- The currently selected category will now highlight a slightly different green, making it easier to tell which one you’re in.
- The icons and UI have all been tidied up.
Ratings and Reviews
This is going to be great for our family gathering improv games.
Saw this on Reddit, already dig it. Can’t wait to put it to good use! You’re the man.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.